ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Rare Earth Metals Oxides > Praseodymium oxide
Praseodymium oxide Chemical Properties
Praseodymium oxide Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark green to dark brown or black powder.
Praseodymium oxide is a weak coloring oxide that melts at (1710°F)932°C. One of the lanthanide oxides, praseodymium is classified in the periodic table as a rare earth oxide. It's not used extensively in ceramics but is used in yellow stains with zirconium silicate. This oxide is slightly soluble in water and is very toxic.
Praseodymium can be obtained as an oxide but it's usually introduced into a glaze recipe in the form of a commercial stain such as Mason 6433,6405, or 6407.
- UsesGlass and ceramic pigment, laboratory reagent.
- UsesThis compound is a yellow powder used to color glass and ceramics.
- Purification MethodsDissolve the oxide in acid (perchloric acid), precipitate it as the oxalate and the salt is ignited at 650o to give the oxide.
Praseodymium oxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Silver oxide RHENIUM(IV) OXIDE Digold trioxide Platinum(IV) oxide COPPER CHROMITE MANGANESE (III) OXIDE Rhodium oxide Tetraterbium heptaoxide Samarium oxide Europium Oxide Strontium oxide Cobalt oxide Gadolinium oxide Titanium dioxide Tantalum pentoxide Neodymium oxide Palladium(II) oxide Ruthenium dioxide
- Company Name:Shandong zhuoxing new material co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.