PYROGALLOL RED Chemical Properties
- Melting point:133-134 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:309 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.082 g/mL at 20 °C
- vapor density 4.4 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 10 mm Hg ( 167.7 °C)
- refractive index n
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- form Liquid
- color Dark brown
- Water Solubility Soluble in water, ammonium hydroxide (10 mg/ml), and ethanol.
- BRN 363738
- CAS DataBase Reference32638-88-3
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSpiro[3H-2,1-benzoxathiole-3,9'-[9H]xanthene]-3',4',5',6'-tetrol, 1,1-dioxide (32638-88-3)
PYROGALLOL RED Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesAlso know nas pyrogallol and 1,2,3-trihydroxy-benzene,C6H3(OH)3 is white,lustrous crystals that turn gray on exposure to light. It is soluble in water,alcohol,and ether. A solution of pyrogallol acquires a brown color on exposure to air. This absorption of oxygen and change of color take place rapidly when the solution is made alkaline. Derivation is by heating gallic acid in an autoclave with three times its weight of water.
Uses are as a protective colloid in preparation of metallic colloidal solutions, photography, dyes, intermediates, synthetic drugs, medicine (antibacterial), process engraving, laboratory reagent, gas analysis (an oxygen absorber), reducing agent, and antioxidant in lubricating oils.
- Chemical Propertiesdark brown powder
- UsesThe white powdery crystal was made by the superheating of gallic acid. Pyrogallic acid, popularly known as pyro, is one of the earliest developers and its use has spanned three centuries. It was first used in an acid state to physically develop wet collodion negatives. When silver bromide gelatin plates were adopted pyro was used again but in an alkaline state for chemical development. It was used throughout the 20th century and often chosen for the peculiar yellow stain it imparted to gelatin negatives.
- Purification MethodsIt is recrystallised from aqueous alkaline solution (Na2CO3 or NaOH) by precipitation on acidification, filter it off and dry in a vacuum. [Suk Collect Czech Chem Commun 31 3127 1966, Beilstein 19 H 407, 19 II 417, 19 III/IV 599, 19/10 V 226.]
PYROGALLOL RED Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Silver GOLD PR23-2.5 Pulley reducer TOTAL PROTEIN KIT MICRO PYROGALLOL RED Praseodymium, plasma standard solution, Specpure|r, Pr 1000^mg/ml 3-Carboxy-2,2,5,5-tetraMethylpyrrolidine 1-Oxyl Free Radical 3-CARBAMOYL-PROXYL TOTAL PROTEIN KIT, MICRO PYROGALLOL RED METHOD Acid Blue 129 Petroleum resin PR2 TOTAL PROTEIN REAGENT, MICRO PYROGALLOL RED METHOD Praseodymium, plasma standard solution, Specpure|r, Pr 10,000^mg/ml PYROGALLOL RED,PYROGALLOL RED-LACTONE Praseodymium, AAS standard solution, Specpure|r, Pr 1000^mg/ml PR23-4 Pulley reducer TOTAL PROTEIN KIT MICRO PYROGALLOL RED PR-I retanning agent Petroleum resin PR1
- Company Name:Yantai ShengKailun Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar