ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Rare Earth Metals Oxides > Gadolinium oxide
- Product Name:Gadolinium oxide
- Synonyms: GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, 99.99+% GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, 99.999% (REO) GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, OPTICAL WINDOW, 1-5MM, 99.9%, 1.8NM '550, 320-15000NM GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, (99.99%-GD) WAFER GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, (99.99%-GD) SPUTTERING TARGET GADOLINIUM(III) OXIDE, (99.9%-GD) 20-80NM NANOMPOWDER Gadolinium(III) oxide, REacton (REO) Gadolinium(III) oxide nanopowder
- Product Categories: metal oxide Inorganics Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry Chemical Synthesis Gadolinium GadoliniumMetal and Ceramic Science - Oxides 64: Gd GadoliniumMaterials Science Nanomaterials Nanoparticles: Oxides, Nitrides, and Other CeramicsNanomaterials Nanopowders and Nanoparticle Dispersions
- Mol File:12064-62-9.mol
Gadolinium oxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:2330 °C(lit.)
- Density 7.407 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. Storage temperature: no restrictions.
- form nanopowder
- color White
- Specific Gravity7.407
- Water Solubility insoluble
- Merck 14,4326
- CAS DataBase Reference12064-62-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemGadolinium oxide (Gd2O3)(12064-62-9)
Gadolinium oxide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGadolinium oxide (Gd2O3) is an inorganic compound and is one of the most commonly available forms of the rare earth element gadolinium, whose derivative can be used as an injectable contrast agent when complexed with EDTA ligands, for patients undergoing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as an enhancer of the scan clarity. It is also applied as a raw material for various fluorescent compounds, absorption material in atomic reactions, nuclear fuels, magnetic bubble material and screen-sensitivity increasing material.
Besides, as a highly insoluble thermally stable gadolinium source, gadolinium oxide is a suitable component for manufacturing glass, optic, ceramic, filament coatings. It can also used in electronic industry for lasers, masers and telecommunication and as a reaction control agent used in nuclear fuel pellets of rods to limit reactivity and enable longer fuel life. Gadolinium oxide is used in control rods for neutron shielding in nuclear power reactors.The compound also is used as a catalyst.
- UsesGadolinium Oxide, also called Gadolinia, is used for making optical glass and Gadolinium Yttrium Garnets which have microwave applications. High purity of Gadolinium Oxide is used for making phosphors for colour TV tube. Cerium Oxide (in the form of Gadolinium doped ceria) creates an electrolyte with both high ionic conductivity and low operating temperatures that are optimal for cost-effective production of fuel cells. It is one of the most commonly available forms of the rare earth element Gadolinium, derivatives of which are potential contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging.
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesNeutron shields; catalysts; dielectric ceramics; filament coatings; special glasses; TV phosphor activator; lasers, masers, and telecommunication; laboratory reagent.
Gadolinium oxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Samarium oxide Diantimony trioxide Gadolinium oxide NITROUS OXIDE Zirconium dioxide Hydrogen peroxide Arsenic(III) oxide Calcium hydroxide NITRIC OXIDE Sulfur trioxide Trioxide (Diethoxymethyl)diphenylphosphine oxide Iron oxide GADOLINIUM GADOLINIUM HYDRIDE Cuprous oxide Chromium(VI) oxide Calcium oxide
- Company Name:Zhengzhou KeYulong chemical products Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:0371-53366750，0371-53335504; 0371-53666720 15239990227
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464