Esculin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:203 °C
- alpha -88 º (c=2,dioxane/water1:1)
- Boiling point:396.1°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.791 g/mL at 20 °C
- refractive index -79 ° (C=2.4, 50% Dioxane)
- Flash point:15 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility methanol: 50 mg/mL hot, clear to very faintly turbid, yellow-green fluoresc.
- form Liquid
- color Clear
- optical activity[α]20/D 41±2°, c = 5% in pyridine
- Water Solubility MODERATELY SOLUBLE
- Merck 3698
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference531-75-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference7-Hydroxy-2-oxo-2h-chromen-6-yl hexopyranoside(531-75-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEsculin (531-75-9)
Esculin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAesculin (also Esculin) is a glucoside compound, which occurs naturally in unprocessed seeds, leaves, bark, and flowers of horse chestnut. Aesculin is used for the identification of bacteria, for the treatment of hemorrhoids and venous peripheral diseases. In cosmetics, aesculin was found to be effective in the treatment of aging skin. Owing to its ultraviolet absorbing activity, aesculin is employed in tanning preparations. Aesculin can be also used as a substrate for the detection of ß-gluocosidase activity in polyacrylamide gels.
- References Anna D. Orla-Jensen, About the application of aesculin for the identification of bacteria, APMIS, 1934, vol. 11, 312-322
 S. Srijayanta, A. Raman and B. L. Goodwin, A comparative study of the constituents of Aesculus hippocastanum and Aesculus indica, Journal of Medical Food, 1999, vol. 2, 45-50
 Ki-Sun Kwon, Jaehoon Lee, Hyung Gyoo Kang and Yung Chil Hah, Detection of ß-Glucosidase Activity in Polyacrylamide Gels with Esculin as Substrate, Appl. Environ. Microbil., 1994, vol. 80, 4584-4586
 Dennis J Mckenna, Kenneth Jones, Kerry Hughes and Virginia M Tyler, Botanical Medicines: The Desk Reference for Major Herbal Supplements, Second Edition, 2011
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to nearly white
- Usesesculin is used as a skin protectant in ointments and creams. This is a glucoside compound originally obtained from the leaves and bark of the horse chestnut tree.
- Usesesculoside is utilized in formulations for the treatment of cellulite. es culoside is apparently beneficial for impaired microcirculation.
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydroxycoumarin that is the 6-O-beta-D-glucoside of esculetin.
- Icariin Matrine D-(-)-Salicin 4-Hexyloxyphenol 4-Hydroxy-3-methoxystyrene 4-(6-Hydroxyhexyloxy)phenol 1-(METHOXYMETHOXY)BENZENE 2-(3-METHYLPHENOXY)ETHANOL DEXTROSE 2,4-DIHYDROXY-5-METHOXYTOLUENE 3-Hydroxyphenyl acetate LABOTEST-BB LT00848098 4-Ethoxyphenol 2-(4-Methoxyphenoxy)ethan-1-ol 4-ALLYLOXYANISOLE PHENYL-BETA-D-GLUCOPYRANOSIDE 1,2,4-Benzenetriol 2-Ethoxyphenol
- Company Name:Lingyuan Bebiansen Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Bencao Yikang Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18362932668 025-69790911-
- Company Name:Shanxi Yuning Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-