ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Pyran compounds > Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one
Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:166-166.5 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.084 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:134 °F
- storage temp. Keep Cold
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to pale yellow
- Water Solubility MISCIBLE
- BRN 106463
- CAS DataBase Reference29943-42-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference4H-Pyran-4-one, tetrahydro-(29943-42-8)
Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one Usage And Synthesis
- ApplicationTetrahydro-4-pyrone is used in organic synthesis as a building block for more complex chemical structures because it participates in a variety of cycloaddition reactions. Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is employed in a study of the enantioselective alpha-aminoxylation of ketones with nitrosobenzene and L-proline in an ionic liquid and it undergoes condensation reactions in the preparation of dipeptides and spiroimidazolones. Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is also employed in wittig reactions for the synthesis of penicillins and in a ring of vitamin D3. Additionally, tetrahydro-4-pyrone is used as solvents in some reactions.
- DescriptionTetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is used in organic synthesis as building block for more complex chemical structures because it participate in a variety of cycloaddition reactions. Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is employed in the preparation of 4-methoxytetrahydropyran-4-yl protecting group, synthesis of symmetric tetra substituted methanes.
The methyl enol ether is a useful protecting agent for alcohols, e.g. in nucleotide synthesis, with the advantage over 3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran. Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is also employed in a study of the enantioselective alpha-aminoxylation of ketones with nitrosobenzene and L-proline in an ionic liquid. It undergoes condensation reactions in the preparation of dipeptides and spiroimidazolones. Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one is also employed in wittig reactions for the synthesis of Penicillins and in a ring of vitamin D3.
- Chemical Propertiescolorless to light yellow liquid
- UsesTetrahydro-4-pyrone is used in organic synthesis as building block for more complex chemical structures because it participate in a variety of cycloaddition reactions.
- Purification MethodsPurify the pyrone by repeated distillation, preferably in a vacuum. [Baker J Chem Soc 296 1944, IR: Olsen & Bredoch Chem Ber 91 1589 1958.] The oxime has m 87-88o and b 110-111o/13mm [Cornubert et al. Bull Soc Chim Fr 36 1950]. The 4-nitrophenylhydrazone forms orange-brown needles from EtOH, m 186o [Cawley & Plant J Chem Soc 1214 1938]. [Beilstein 17 I 131, 17 II 287, 17 III/IV 4171, 17/9 V 21.]
Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsEtanolSodium hydroxideHydrochloric acidEthyl acetateDichloromethanePETROLEUM ETHERMagnesium sulfateAcetoneAluminium chlorideDiethyl oxalatePhosphorous acidNickelSodium ethoxideCopperHeptaneSodium dihydrogenorthophosphateDibutyl phthalate ETHYLENE1,2,3,4-Tetrahydronaphthalene3-Chloropropionyl chloride2,2'-Dipyridyl
- Preparation Products4-Aminotetrahydropyran hydrochloride2-(TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-4-YL)-ETHANOL4-AminotetrahydropyranE-4-Hexen-1-ol
- Tetrahydro-4-pyranol 5-Formylsalicylic acid TETRAHYDRO-2H-PYRAN-4-YLACETYL CHLORIDE TETRAHYDRO-2H-PYRAN-4-CARBOXAMIDE Tetrahydrothiophen-3-one Tetrahydrothiopyran-4-one Tetrahydro-2H-pyran-4-carboxylic acid Tetrahydropyranyl-4-acetic acid Tetrahydro-4H-Pyran-4-one TETRAHYDROPYRAN-2-METHANOL Ethyl Tetrahydropyran-4-Carboxylate ETHYL TETRAHYDROPYRAN-4-YL-ACETATE Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one Centchroman Tetrahydro 4-Aminotetrahydropyran Tetrahydropyran (3R)-3α,4β,5β-Trihydroxy-6β-(hydroxymethyl)-3,4,5,6-tetrahydro-2H-pyran-2-one
- Company Name:Chunchuang (Wuhan) Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai yongzeng technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:15921781258 021-65925639-
- Company Name:ITIC MEDCHEM(SUZHOU) CO.,LTD. Gold
- Tel:18015559028 512-68323967
- Company Name:JW & Y Pharmlab Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:NanJing FineTech Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17714198479 025-52078417-
- Feb 21，2020