Montelukast Chemical Properties
- Melting point:145-148 °C(Solv: toluene (108-88-3); methanol (67-56-1))
- Boiling point:750.5±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.272±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference158966-92-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCyclopropaneacetic acid, 1-[[[(1R)-1-[3-[(1E)-2-(7-chloro-2-quinolinyl)ethenyl]phenyl]-3-[2-(1-hydroxy-1-methylethyl)phenyl]propyl]thio]methyl]- (158966-92-8)
- Hazardous Substances Data158966-92-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
Montelukast Usage And Synthesis
- brand nameSingulair (Merck).
- Mechanism of actionMontelukast was developed from other weakly antagonistic quinoline derivatives. A number of changes can be made to the structure without the loss of activity. These include changing the double bond between the two aromatic rings to an ether linkage, reducing the quinoline ring, changing the chlorine to a fluorine, and/or exchanging the sulfur for an amide group.
- PharmacokineticsMontelukast is a high-affinity, selective antagonist of the cysLT1 receptor. It is rapidly absorbed orally, with a bioavailability of 64%. Montelukast is 99% bound to plasma proteins and is extensively metabolized in the liver by CYP3A4 and CYP2C9 to oxidated products. CYP3A4 oxidizes the sulfur and the C-21 benzylic carbon, whereas CYP2C9 is selectively responsible for the methyl hydroxylation.
- Side effectsMontelukast did not demonstrate any significant adverse effects greater than placebo in clinical trials; however, because it is metabolized by the cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes, its plasma levels should be monitored when coadministered with CYP450-inducing drugs, such as phenobarbital, rifampin, and phenytoin.
Montelukast Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Pirbuterol Quinhydrone CIS-HEPTACHLOREPOXIDE EXO-, ISOMER B 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Vinyl resin Montelukast sodium 4-Ethyl-5-fluoro-6-hydroxypyrimidine Ethyltriphenylphosphonium bromide CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Montelukast Tranilast VINYL PROPIONATE Phenylacetic acid PHENYL RESIN Diphenyl ether PHENYL VALERATE Triethoxyvinylsilane Difluorochloromethane
- Company Name:Wuxi Helen Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Gold
- Tel:18013409632 0510-85629785-
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Artis Chemistry (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.