ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance > Electrolyte Balance Pharmacology > 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid
1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:198~199℃
- Boiling point:578.8±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.45 (60% aq.)
- pka1.35, 2.87, 7.03, 11.3(at 25℃)
- form Powder
- color white
- PHpH (1.7→100, 25℃) : 1.3～1.8
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Merck 14,3863
- BRN 1789291
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference2809-21-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEtidronic acid (2809-21-4)
1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieslight beige powder
- UsesEtidronate (Didronel) is a human protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitor with IC50 of 0.2 μM.
- DefinitionChEBI: A 1,1-bis(phosphonic acid) that is (ethane-1,1-diyl)bis(phosphonic acid) having a hydroxy substituent at the 1-position. It inhibits the formation, growth, and dissolution of hydroxyapatite crystals by chemisorption to calcium phosphate surfaces.
- Manufacturing ProcessPhosphorous acid was premixed with acetic acid to form a 50 wt % solution of phosphorous acid dissolved in acetic acid. The acids were mixed on a molar basis of 1.36:1, acetic acid to phosphorous acid, and this corresponded on a mol percentage basis to 57.6% acetic acid and 42.4% phosphorous acid. Acetic anhydride was continuously metered into a stream of the phosphorous acid-acetic acid mixture to form the reaction solution. The acetic anhydride was metered into the acid mixture at a mol ratio of 1.33 mols of acetic anhydride per mol of phosphorous acid. The metering rates were 18.5 lb/hr of the phosphorous acid/acetic acid premixed solution and 15.1 lb/hr acetic anhydride. The reaction solution was continuously passed through a heat exchanger where it was heated to 190°F then it was continuously fed into a two stage back-mix reaction zone where due to the heat of reaction the temperature rose to 275°F. The average residence in the reaction zone was 27 min. The reaction zone consisted of two back-mix reactors each having a capacity of 7.5 pounds of the reaction solution. A stream of reaction solution was continuously with drawn from the second reactor and continuously mixed with a stream of water which was being metered at a rate of 2 lb/hr. This amount of water corresponded to 18% excess over the theoretical amount necessary to hydrolyze all of the acetyl-containing compounds in the reaction solution to free acids. The hydrolyzed solution was continuously passed through a heat exchanger and cooled to room temperature after which the solution was continuously passed to a crystallizer where, with agitation, the ethane-1-hydroxy-1,1-diphosphonic acid crystallized. The slurry was then filtered and the crystals were recovered and dried. Analysis of the product showed a conversion rate of phosphorous acid to ethane-1-hydroxy-1,1- diphosphonic acid of 86%. Sodium hydroxide may be used to give the disodium salt.
- brand nameDidronel (Millot Laboratories, France); Didronel (Procter & Gamble).
- Therapeutic FunctionBone calcium regulator
1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidAcetic acid glacialPhosphorus trichlorideDiethylenetriamine
- Preparation Productsefficient complex formulationof corrosion and scale controlNS series corrision and scale inhibitorsscale inhibitor and sipersant TS-104(1-Hydroxyethylidene)bis-phosphonic acid tetrasodium salt
- Zoledronic acid Risedronic acid DISODIUM PAMIDRONATE MINODRONATE 4-(4-(bis(2-chloroethyl)amino)phenyl)-1-hydroxybutane-1,1-bisphosphonic acid 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-Diphosphonic Acid Sodium Salt 1-HYDROXYETHYLIDENE-1,1-DIPHOSPHONIC ACID TRISODIUM SALT NERIDRONATE SODIUM HYDRATE 1-HYDROXYETHANE-1,1-DIPHOSPHONIC ACID [1-14C] 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid CLODRONIC ACID phosphoric acid Ascoric Acid Citric acid Glycine 2-HYDROXYACETAMIDE Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Disodium pamidronate
1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid SupplierMore
- Company Name:klamar reagent Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Qifei Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18071128681 027-59322506-
- Company Name:-Wuhan unioncom Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-