ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Rare-Earth Metal > Cobalt naphthenate
Cobalt naphthenate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:<-7℃
- Density 0.921 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n
- Flash point:120 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form liquid
- color dark
- Specific Gravity0.95
- Water Solubility Insoluble in water.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCobalt naphthenate (61789-51-3)
Cobalt naphthenate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesBlack liquid
- Chemical PropertiesCobalt naphthenate is a flammable brown powder or bluish-red solid; freezing/melting point = 140°C; flash point = 49°C; autoignition temperature = 276°C. Hazard identification (based on NFPA-704 M Rating System): Health 1, flammability 2, reactivity 0. Insoluble in water.
- General DescriptionCobalt naphthenate is a brown powder or a bluish-red solid. Cobalt naphthenate is easily ignited and once ignited can burn profusely. Cobalt naphthenate is used to make paints and varnish.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable.
- Reactivity ProfileCOBALT NAPHTHENATE has weak oxidizing or reducing powers. Redox reactions can however still occur. The majority of compounds in this class are slightly soluble or insoluble in water. If soluble in water, then the solutions are usually neither strongly acidic nor strongly basic. These compounds are not water-reactive.
- Health HazardFire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases. Contact may cause burns to skin and eyes. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardFlammable/combustible material. May be ignited by friction, heat, sparks or flames. Some may burn rapidly with flare burning effect. Powders, dusts, shavings, borings, turnings or cuttings may explode or burn with explosive violence. Substance may be transported in a molten form at a temperature that may be above its flash point. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished.
- Contact allergensCobalt naphthenate is made by treating cobalt hydroxide or acetate with naphthenic acid. It is an accelerant in rubber, unsaturated polyester, and vinyl ester resins.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. Flammable when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Potential ExposureCobalt naphthenate is used as a drying agent in paints, varnishes; inks, and for curing plastics.
- ShippingUN2001 Cobalt naphthenate powder, Hazard Class: 4.1; Labels: 4.1-Flammable solid. UN1993 Flammable liquids, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 3; Labels: 3-Flammable liquid, Technical Name Required
- IncompatibilitiesHighly flammable; powder or dust can form an explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
Cobalt naphthenate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsAcetophenonePropionic acidm-Cresol Benzoic acidCyclohexanolIron oxide red phenolic antirust paintp-Toluic acido-Toluic acidGlass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower4-Bromomethylbenzoic acid4-(Chloromethyl)benzoic acidoilling tanning agent
- Raw materialsCobalt sulfate heptahydrateIsooctanoic acidNAPHTHENIC ACIDCobalt
- NAPHTHENIC ACID SODIUM SALT NAPHTHENIC ACID Lead naphthenate Cobalt decanoate COBALT BLUE Naphthenic acids, lithium salts Cobalt Barium naphthenate METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE SALCOMINE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Tosylmethyl isocyanide TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE Aluminum acetylacetonate Ethyl isocyanoacetate BENZYL ISOCYANIDE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE
Cobalt naphthenate SupplierMore
- Company Name:Wuhan Hongde Yuexin Pharmatech Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:15271852016 027-83855396-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390