ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Cyanate ester / isocyanate > TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE
TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:148-150 °C
- Boiling point:91 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.735 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:-2 °C
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- solubility Soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, methanol, ether, toluene and dichloromethane.
- form liquid
- color colorless
- Specific Gravity0.735
- BRN 1903156
- Stability:store cold
- CAS DataBase Reference7188-38-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless liquid
- PreparationCAUTION: Use a well-ventilated hood and observe all precautions when using hydrogen cyanide.
To a 1-1, stainless steel Hoke pressure cylinder in a well-ventilated hood is added 196 gm (3.5 moles) of isobutene, 95 gm (3.5 moles) of hydrogen cyanide, and 100 gm (0.7 mole) or cuprous bromide. The cylinder is closed, shaken for 15 hr at 70°C, cooled to room temperature, and vented cautiously in the hood, and the viscous residue is poured slowly into aqueous potassium cyanide (260 gm in 100 ml of water) to decompose the cuprous complex, liberating an organic layer. The organic layer is separated, dried, and distilled under reduced pressure to afford 97 gm, b.p. 60-63°C (314 mm Hg), ng 1.3749, IR 2143 s, 1472 m, 1368 m, 1230 m, 1208 m, 855 w c m - 1; yield, 33% based on starting isobutylene; 16% based on CuBr.
- PreparationPhosgene (1.0 kg, 10.1 mol) was delivered through a wide tube into a stirred solution of N-t-butylformamide (1.01 kg, 10.0 mol) in triethylamine (1.30 kg) and o-dichlorobenzene (7.0 L) in a flask fitted with a reflux condenser charged with a freezing mixture of ice and salt (-20 C°). Water was added, the layers were separated, and the non-aqueous layer was dried over anhydrous potassium carbonate or magnesium sulfate and fractionated; bp 90–92 C°/750 mmHg; yield: 681 g (82%).
TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Jinan Winwind Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Zhengzhou Kingsfine Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13838252817 0371-5663252713838252817
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing),Inc.
- Tel:400-025-5188 400-025-5188
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-