ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Cyanate ester / isocyanate > Propyl isocyanate
Propyl isocyanate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-30 °C
- Boiling point:83-84 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.908 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:32 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- form Liquid
- color Clear yellow
- Water Solubility reacts vigorously
- BRN 1098489
- CAS DataBase Reference110-78-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePropane, 1-isocyanato-(110-78-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPropane, 1-isocyanato- (110-78-1)
Propyl isocyanate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear yellow liquid
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid with a pungent odor. Very toxic by ingestion. May be toxic by skin absorption and inhalation. Insoluble in water but reacts with water to produce a toxic vapor. Flash point 30°F. Used to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. May react with water to produce a toxic cyanide vapor. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileIsocyanates and thioisocyanates, such as PROPYL ISOCYANATE, are incompatible with many classes of compounds, reacting exothermically to release toxic gases. Reactions with amines, aldehydes, alcohols, alkali metals, ketones, mercaptans, strong oxidizers, hydrides, phenols, and peroxides can cause vigorous releases of heat. Acids and bases initiate polymerization reactions in these materials. Some isocyanates react with water to form amines and liberate carbon dioxide.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors, dusts or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Bromoacetates and chloroacetates are extremely irritating/lachrymators. Reaction with water or moist air will release toxic, corrosive or flammable gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat that will increase the concentration of fumes in the air. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated or if contaminated with water.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. A flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame, can react vigorously with oxidzing materials. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also ISOCYANATES.
Propyl isocyanate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Isopropyl isocyanate ALLYL ISOCYANATE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE m-Tolyl isocyanate 2-FLUORO-5-METHYLPHENYL ISOCYANATE Ethyl isocyanoacetate 3-(TRIETHOXYSILYL)PROPYL ISOCYANATE 95%,3-(TRIETHOXYSILYL)PROPYL ISOCYANATE Butyl isocyanate Methyl isothiocyanate 2,6-Dichlorophenyl isocyanate Dodecyl isocyanate 3,4-DICHLOROBENZYL ISOCYANATE 3-Chloropropyl isocyanate Octadecyl isocyanate TRANS-2-PHENYLCYCLOPROPYL ISOCYANATE 3-(DICHLOROMETHYLSILYL)-PROPYL ISOCYANATE Diisopropyl azodicarboxylate Benzyl isocyanate
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Wuhan Chemwish Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-