ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Cyanate ester / isocyanate > ISOCYANIC ACID
ISOCYANIC ACID Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-86 °C
- Boiling point:41.91°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.04±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- refractive index 1.4300 (estimate)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemIsocyanic acid (75-13-8)
ISOCYANIC ACID Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesIsocyanic acid (HNCO) is a volatile, moderately acidic compound, and the simplest member of the isocyanate family.
Isocyanic acid is a colourless, volatile, poisonous inorganic compound with the formula HNCO; the simplest stable chemical compound that contains carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen, the four most commonly-found elements in organic chemistry and biology. It is a hydracid and a one-carbon compound. It is a conjugate acid of a cyanate. It is a tautomer of a cyanic acid.
- Physical propertiesIsocyanic acid (ICA, Cas no. 75-13- 8) is a strong organic acid with a kPa of 3.5. ICA is a very reactive compound that can readily transform into other substances. It can lose a proton in an aqueous environment under certain conditions, particularly if a strong base is present, forming an isocyanate. ICA is a tautomer of the less stable, cyanic acid (CAS no. 420-05-3). These forms interchange by a tautomerisation reaction, involving the migration of a hydrogen atom or proton accompanied by a switch of a double bond. ICA is an unstable liquid above 0o C with a tendency to polymerise. The primary polymerisation product, which is also generated in the gas form, is cyanuric acid (CAS no. 108-80-5), a cyclic trimer. ICA is soluble in water, but disintegrates both via ionisation and by formation of ammonia and carbon dioxide.
- UsesThe primary use of methyl isocyanate (MIC, CAS no. 624-83-9) is as a chemical intermediate in the production of carbamate pesticides. MIC is also used to produce polyurethane foam and plastics (ATSDR, 2002). Isocyanic acid (ICA, Cas no. 75-13- 8) does not have commercial uses because of its instability. The potential for occupational exposure to ICA largely arises when it is generated as a thermal degradation product of other industrial processes. Ethyl isocyanate is a liquid used commercially to make pharmaceuticals and pesticides (NJDHSS, 2000). Phenyl isocyanate (PIC, CAS no. 103-71-9) is a trace constituent in commercial diphenyl methane diisocyanate products.
- PreparationIsocyanic acid was prepared in pure form by reaction of KOCN or NaOCN with stearic or oxalic acid in good yield.
- DefinitionChEBI: A colourless, volatile, poisonous inorganic compound with the formula HNCO; the simplest stable chemical compound that contains carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen, the four most commonly-found elements in organic chemistry and biology.
- HazardSevere explosion risk. Strong irritant to eyes, skin and mucous membranes.
ISOCYANIC ACID Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Octadecyl isocyanate Isosorbide 2-CHLOROETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE NA FIXATEUR ITC Polyethylene-polypropylene glycol Tolylene-2,4-diisocyanate ISOCYANIC ACID 4-FLUOROPHENYL ESTER,Isocyanic acid p-fluorophenyl ester ISOCYANIC ACID 3,4-DICHLOROPHENYL ESTER phenyl isocyanate(isocyanic acid phenyl ester) Isocyanic acid methyl ISOCYANIC ACID 2-CHLOROETHYL ESTER ISOCYANIC ACID 3-BUTEN-1-YL ESTER ISOCYANIC ACID 4-CHLOROPHENYL ESTER Isocyanic Acid 4-(Trifluoromethoxy)phenyl Ester 3,3'-BIANISOLE-4,4'-ISOCYANIC ACID ESTER ISOCYANIC ACID 3-BUTEN-1-YL ESTER ISOCYANIC ACID 2-PHENYLETHYL ESTER
- Company Name:Hubei coward chemical co .，ltd Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical