ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Other herbicides > Diclofop-methyl
Diclofop-methyl Chemical Properties
- Melting point:39-41°C
- Boiling point:173-175°C (0.1 mbar)
- Density 1.3
- refractive index 1.5300 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.005 g/100 mL
- Merck 13,3109
- BRN 2224754
- CAS DataBase Reference51338-27-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePropanoic acid, 2-[4-(2,4-dichlorophenoxy)phenoxy]-, methyl ester(51338-27-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDiclofop methyl (51338-27-3)
Diclofop-methyl Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesA white crystalline solid. Odorless. Can also be commercially available as a clear to dark brown liquid with a typical solvent odor
- General DescriptionColorless crystals. Decomposed by either strong acid or base. Used as a selective herbicide.
- Air & Water ReactionsSlightly soluble in water (3 mg/l).
- Reactivity ProfileA bridged diphenyl.
- HazardModerately toxic by ingestion and skin contact. Low toxicity by inhalation.
- Agricultural UsesHerbicide: Some uses are classified as U.S. Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP). Diclofop-methyl is a selective post-emergence herbicide used to control wild oats and annual grassy weeds in grain and vegetable crops: alfalfa, carrots, celery, box, field and french beans, barley, wheat, brassicas, parsnips, peas, potatoes, rapeseed (canola), soy beans, oilseed rape, onions, sugar beets and lettuce.
- Trade nameDICHLORDIPHENPROP®; HOELON®; HOELON® 3EC; HOE-GRASS®; HOEGRASS®; HOE® 23408; ILOXAN®; ILLOXAN®; ONE SHOT®[C]
- Potential ExposureDiclofop-methyl is a chlorophenoxy; aryloxyphenoxypropionate acid selective postemergenceherbicide used to control wild oats and annual grassy weeds in grain and vegetable crops: alfalfa, carrots, celery, box, field and French beans, barley, wheat, brassicas, parsnips, peas, potatoes, rapeseed (canola), soy beans, oilseed rape, onions, sugar beets and lettuce. Some uses are classified RUP
- Environmental FateBiological. From the first-order biotic and abiotic rate constants of diclofop-methyl in estuarine water and sediment/water systems, the estimated biodegradation half-lives were 0.24–12.4 and 0.11–2.2 days, respectively (Walker et al., 1988).
- Metabolic pathwayTwo resistant biotypes of black-grass (Peldon A1 and Lincs. E1 of Alopecurus myosuroides) exhibit moderately enhanced metabolism of 14C-diclofop methyl. Diclofop methyl is hydrolyzed to the corresponding propionic acid which undergoes further degradation to give polar metabolites. The amounts of the metabolites depend on the metabolism activity of the individual biotypes. In wheat, three isomeric hydroxylated metabolites are identified in a major metabolic pathway after acid hydrolysis of the glucoside conjugates.
- ShippingUN3345 Phenoxyacetic acid derivative pesticide, solid, toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials. UN3348 Phenoxyacetic acid derivative pesticide, liquid, toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous material. UN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required. Note: Commercial product may also be a liquid in a flammable carrier.
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers, chlorates nitrates, peroxides, sulfuric acid, caustics, ammonia, aliphatic amines, alkanolamines, isocyanates, alkylene oxides, and epichlorohydrin.
- Waste DisposalIn accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Containers must be disposed of properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office
Diclofop-methyl Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methyl acrylate Methyl propionate Bensulfuron methyl Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl Methylparaben m-Anisyl alcohol Methyl METHYL THIOPHENE-2-CARBOXYLATE 3-(METHOXYMETHOXY)BENZALDEHYDE (Trifluoromethoxy)benzene 4-Methoxyphenylacetic acid DALAPON-METHYL ESTER FENOXAPROP-ETHYL Parathion-methyl o-Anisaldehyde Methyl 3-methoxypropionate METHYL 3,3-DIMETHOXYPROPIONATE (2-METHYL-1H-INDOL-3-YL)-OXO-ACETIC ACID ETHYL ESTER
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Nanjing Sunlida Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel: 025-57798810-