ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Herbicide > Benzene herbicides > Quizalofop-ethyl
Quizalofop-ethyl Chemical Properties
- Melting point:92-93°
- Boiling point:bp0.2 220°
- Density 1.2671 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6800 (estimate)
- Flash point:100 °C
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 303ug/L(temperature not stated)
- Merck 13,8178
- BRN 7145610
- CAS DataBase Reference76578-14-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAssure(76578-14-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemQuizalofop-ethyl (76578-14-8)
- Hazard Codes Xn
- Risk Statements 21/22
- Safety Statements 22-24/25
- RIDADR UN3077 9/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS UA2458255
- HS Code 29333990
- Hazardous Substances Data76578-14-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 in male, female rats, male, female mice (mg/kg): 1670, 1480, 2350, 2360 orally; all 10,000 dermally; LC50 (96 hr) in rainbow trout: 10.7 mg/l (Sakata)
Quizalofop-ethyl Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystalline solid or powder. Commercial product is available as an emulsifiable con- centrate. Practically insoluble in water; solubili- ty≤2×10-28 ppm.
- UsesQuizalofop-ethyl is a selective postemergence herbicide used to control both annual and perennial grasses in soybeans and cotton.
- General DescriptionWhite crystals. Insoluble in water. Used as an herbicide.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileA halogenated ester and amine. Amines are chemical bases. They neutralize acids to form salts plus water. These acid-base reactions are exothermic. The amount of heat that is evolved per mole of amine in a neutralization is largely independent of the strength of the amine as a base. Amines may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Agricultural UsesHerbicide: Not approved for use in EU countries. Registered for use in the U.S.
- Trade nameASSURE®[C]; DPX-Y 6202®; FBC®; 32197; INY-6202; MATADOR®; LEOPARD EC (p-isomer); MON® 78746; NC-302®; PILOT®; SUPER MATADOR (p-isomer); TARGA®; ULTRA TARGA (p-isomer)
- Potential ExposureA chlorophenoxy/aryloxyphenoxypro- pionate herbicide
- Environmental FatePlant. Rapidly hydrolyzed in plants to quizalofop and ethanol (Humburg et al., 1989).
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous haz- ardous material, Technical Name Required.
- Purification MethodsThis (±)-herbicide forms white crystals from Me2CO/EtOH and sublimes in vacuo. Large quantities can be distilled at high vacuum. Its solubilities at 20o in g/10mL are 0.09 (EtOH), 1.1 (Me2CO), 1.2 (xylene), 2.9 (*C6H6), and is nearly insoluble in H2O (0.3mg/L). The (±)-acid has [95977-28-9]. The R-ester enantiomer has m 76-77o (pale brown crystals from EtOH), [ ] D 20 + 3 5 . 9o (EtOH). It is the more active fatty acid synthase inhibitor (designated DPX-Y6202) used to control grassy weeds in broadleaf crops.
- Waste DisposalIt is the responsibility of chem- ical waste generators to determine the toxicity and physical properties and of a discarded chemical and to properly iden- tify its classification and certification as a hazardous waste and to determine the disposal method. United States Environmental Protection Agency guidelines for the classifi- cation determination are listed in 40 CFR Parts 261.3. In addi- tion, waste generators must consult and follow all regional, national, state, and local hazardous waste laws to ensure com- plete and accurate classification and disposal methods.
Quizalofop-ethyl Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsQuizalofop-p-ethyl
- Ethyl acetate Ethyl formate Quinoxaline QUIZALOFOP ETHYL SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN ACETONITRILE 1ML QUIZALOFOP-ETHYL 98% MIN Benazolin+Quizalofop-ethyl,E.C. Quizalofop-ethyl E.C. Quizalofop-P QUIZALOFOP-ETHYL D3 (3,3,3-D3) QUIZALOFOP ETHYL SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN TOLUENE 1ML (2-METHYL-1H-INDOL-3-YL)-OXO-ACETIC ACID ETHYL ESTER phenoxybenzamine Beclomethasone dipropionate acetic acid, triethoxy-, ethyl ester Triethyl orthopropionate Clobetasol propionate Ethyl methoxyacetate Ethyl vanillin
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Nanjing Sunlida Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel: 025-57798810-