ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Oxides and peroxides > Metal oxide > Niobium oxide
Niobium oxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1520 °C
- Density 4.47 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- form Powder
- color White to off-white
- Specific Gravity4.6
- Water Solubility insoluble
- Merck 14,6559
- CAS DataBase Reference1313-96-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDiniobium pentaoxide(1313-96-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNiobium oxide (Nb2O5) (1313-96-8)
Niobium oxide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionNiobium oxide (N2O5), also named as niobium pentoxide, is used in metallurgy to produce hard materials. Niobium pentoxide is added to the glass during the production of optical lenses to make the lenses lighter, thinner and with greater resilience. At the same time, niobium pentoxide increases the refractive index of optical glasses. In electronics, niobium pentoxide is used to produce multi-layered ceramic capacitors with high capacity and for the preparation of electroacoustic or electrooptical components such as LiNbO3 and KNbO3 or ferroelectric ceramics such as Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3. It is further used in making cathodes, as pigment in printing, packaging and solid fuels, in food processing industry as dietary supplements, and in the production of powder metallurgy products.
- Michel A. Aegerter, Michael Schmitt, and Yeping Guo, Sol-gel niobium pentoxide coatings: Applications to photovoltaic energy conversion and electrochromism, International Journal of Photoenergy, 2002, vol. 4
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- Physical propertiesWhite orthogonal crystals; density 4.60 g/cm3; melts at 1,512°C; insoluble in water; soluble in hydrofluoric acid.
- UsesIntermediate, electronics
- PreparationNiobium pentoxide is produced as an intermediate during recovery of Nb metal from ores (See niobium).
Also, the pentoxide may be produced by igniting niobium metal powder, niobium carbide, or niobium fluoride in oxygen.
Niobium oxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- TITANIUM NIOBIUM OXIDE NIOBIUM OXIDE (NB2O5) 99.9+% 25G NITRIC OXIDE ARSENIC PENTOXIDE NIOBIUM Vanadium(V) oxide Niobium(IV) oxide, 99+% (metals basis),Niobium (IV) oxide, 99,8%, <1.5 micron,NIOBIUM(IV) OXIDE, -200 MESH,Niobium(IV) oxide, -200 mesh, 99+%,Niobium(IV)oxide,99+%,NIOBIUM (IV) OXIDE,Niobium oxide (NbO2),NIOBIUM OXIDE S NIOBIUM HYDRIDE Niobium oxide (NbO),NIOBIUM (II) OXIDE,NIOBIUM(II) OXIDE -100 MESH 99.9%,NIOBIUM(II) OXIDE: 99.9%, -150 MICRON Propylene oxide Magnesium oxide (Diethoxymethyl)diphenylphosphine oxide Iodine pentoxide Niobium oxide Tantalum pentoxide ETHYLENE OXIDE Iron oxide Zinc oxide
Niobium oxide SupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Jizhi Biochemical Technology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18017137653 400-900-4166
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Yunfu Nano Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Guangzhou Nano Chemical Technology Co. , Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13378454871 020-82035132-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-