ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Saccharides > Monosaccharide > Copper(II) gluconate
Copper(II) gluconate Chemical Properties
Copper(II) gluconate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCopper(II) gluconate is the copper salt of D-gluconic acid that is an organic acid. It can be used as a buffer for encapsulating some drugs into liposomes. Copper is an essential microelement for human beings and animals; it is needed to absorb ion from and gut and can help regulate blood pressure and heart rate. It is also a key component of multiple enzymes involved in many biochemical reactions. In this sense, the D-gluconic acid copper (II) salt can be used as a copper supplement to treat the copper deficiency induced anemia and nephrosis. It is also useful in the cancer chemotherapy being capable of enhancing the efficacy of the anticancer drug, disulfiram.
- ReferencesDicko, Awa, et al. "Role of copper gluconate/triethanolamine in irinotecan encapsulation inside the liposomes." International Journal of Pharmaceutics 337.1(2007):219-228.
Ferris Iii, Frederick L, et al. "Nutritional supplement to treat macular degeneration.", EP1516542. 2009.
Georgewill Udeme Owunari, Siminialayi Iyeopu Minakiri. “Disulfiram and Copper gluconate in cancer chemotherapy: a review of the literature.” Cancer Research Journal 2.5(2014):88-92.
- Chemical PropertiesCopper(II) gluconate, Cu(C6H11O7)2, is a light blue to blue-green, crystalline material that is soluble in water and slightly soluble in ethanol.
- UsesSupplement (trace mineral).
- Usescopper gluconate is cited as having skin-conditioning and skinprotecting functions.
- PreparationCopper(II) gluconate is prepared by the dissolution of copper(II) carbonate or copper(II) hydroxide in gluconic acid. It is used as a nutritional supplement for copper deficiency and as a component in oral deodorants.
- Safety ProfileWhen heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Copper(II) gluconate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Monosodium fumarate Ferrous fumarate Cupric tartrate Magnesium gluconate Potassium gluconate FERROUS GLUCONATE DIHYDRATE COPPER (II) GLUCONATE, MIN. 98 Gluconic acid COPPER FORMATE 2-(acetylamino)-4-O-(2-(acetylamino)-2-deoxy-4-O-sulfogalactopyranosyl)-2-deoxyglucose COPPER(II) FORMATE HYDRATE DL-Xylose Copper(II) gluconate D-Xylose COPPER (II) GLYCOLATE COPPER PROPIONATE Cupric acetate D(+)-GLUCOSE MONOHYDRATE
- Company Name:Shanghai Dingfen Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:02157450129 021-57450129-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390