ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance > Electrolyte Balance Pharmacology > Calcium gluconate
Calcium gluconate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:195°C
- alpha 10.2 º (c=1, H2O 22 ºC)
- solubility Sparingly soluble in water, freely soluble in boiling water.
- form Crystals or Crystalline Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility 3.3 g/100mL
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity0: forms stable aqueous solutions
- Merck 14,1669
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference299-28-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemD-Gluconic acid, calcium salt (2:1) (299-28-5)
Calcium gluconate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCalcium gluconate is the calcium salt of gluconate, being an oxidative product of glucose containing 9.3% calcium. Calcium gluconate is a kind of mineral supplement and medication. It can be used for vein injection to treat the low blood calcium, high blood potassium, and magnesium toxicity. It is required only when there is not enough calcium in the diet. It is also used for the treatment of black widow spider bites to relieve muscle cramping and treatment of osteoporosis or rickets. It can also be used to decrease the capillary permeability in allergic conditions, nonthrombocytopenic purpura and exudative dermatoses.
- Referenceshttp://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB11126 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_gluconate
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder or granules
- Usesanalgesic, antipyretic
- UsesCalcium Gluconate is used as an inert ingredient in pesticide formulations applied to crops. It is also used as a supplement to fortify beverages and foods lacking a sufficient amount of calcium.
- UsesIn sewage purification; in coffee powders to prevent caking.
- UsesCalcium Gluconate is a white crystalline granule or powder that functions as a firming agent, formulation aid, sequestrant, and sta- bilizer. at room temperature the anhydrous form has a solubility of approximately 1 g in 30 ml of water, which improves in boiling water to approximately 1 g in 5 ml of water. it also exists as calcium gluconate (monohydrate). it is used as a source of calcium ions for sodium alginate gels, and as a calcium fortifier in baked goods, pud- dings, and dairy product analogs. it functions as a coagulation aid in milk and instant pudding powders and as a means of masking the bitter aftertaste of some artificial sweeteners.
- brand nameCalglucon (Novartis).
- Industrial usescalcium gluconate [Ca(C6H11O7)2] is used as a food additive in vitamin pills.injection of a 10% calcium gluconate has been recommended. It has to be kept in mind that the plasma Ca2+ level and any changes to the electrocardiogram (ECG) have to be carefully monitored.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, and intravenous routes. Human systemic effects in infants by intramuscular route: dermatitis and fever. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes. See also CALCIUM COMPOUNDS.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsCalcium salts are used for the prevention or treatment of hypocalcemic conditions.
- Purification MethodsDissolve it in H2O, filter and precipitate it by adding MeOH. Filter off the solid and dry it in a vacuum at 85o. Alternatively, dissolve it in H2O, filter (from insoluble inorganic Ca) and evaporate it to dryness under vacuum at 85o. [March et al. J Am Pharm Assoc 41 366 1952, Beilstein 3 IV 1255.]
Calcium gluconate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsCalcium carbonateD(+)-GlucosePotassium dihydrogen phosphateDiammonium hydrogenphosphateAMBERLITE(R) IRC-50AgarPotassium benzylpenicillinCATION STANDARD - SODIUMSodium gluconate EC 126.96.36.199
- Preparation Productsdelta-GluconolactoneCOPPER (II) GLUCONATE, MIN. 982,2'-Anhydro-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine hydrochlorideFERROUS GLUCONATE DIHYDRATEbeta-D-(-)-ArabinoseSodium gluconate 1-deoxy-1-(6-phenylazo-3,4-xylidino)-D-ribitolZinc gluconateD-Isoascorbic acidD-Gluconic acid copper(II) saltANTIMONY SODIUM GLUCONATED(-)-Arabinose
- CALCIUM GLUCOHEPTONATE Boron (Calcium Borogluconate) CALCIUM GLUBIONATE CALCIUM LACTOBIONATE CALCIUM GLUCONATE MONOHYDRATE Calcium gluconate Silicic acid, calcium salt Calcium carbonate Calcium nitrate COBALT GLUCONATE Calcium carbide Calcium Propionate Zinc gluconate Calcium chloride CALCIUM Sodium gluconate Gluconic acid GLUCONATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390