Glucose oxidase Chemical Properties
Glucose oxidase Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionIn line with the Enzyme Commission number (EC number), ‘‘EC22.214.171.124’’ refers to glucose oxidase.
Glucose oxidase, also known as notatin, is a secreted enzyme synthesized predominantly in several species of insects and fungi, such as Aspergillus and Penicillium species which oxidizes glucose into glucolactone, converting oxygen into hydrogen peroxide in the process. Nowadays, glucose oxidase is widely used in diagnostics for measuring the amount of glucose in body fluids, which has made glucose measurement fast, easy, and inexpensive, because of which, it is effective to reduce a variety of complications of diabetes since measures can be taken if the glucose level is tested beyond the standard. Besides, in the last few years, glucose oxidases has become commercially essential in various fields, which can be applied in chemical, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and other industries.
- DescriptionProduced by the controlled fermentation of Aspergillus niger var. as a yellow to brown solution or as a yellow to tan or off-white powder. Soluble in water, the solutions being light yellow to brown, but practically insoluble in alcohol, chloroform or ether. The major active principle is glucose oxidase, IUB No. 126.96.36.199, CAS No. 9001-37-0.
- Chemical Propertiesyellow powder
- UsesAnalytical reagent for the selective determination of glucose. Food additive for the removal of glucose during the preparation of dried egg products. Antioxidant in food and food wrappers. Stabilizer for ascorbic acid and vitamin B12.
- Usesglucose oxidase is an enzyme used to help stabilize a formulation. It can also improve skin feel and condition.
- DefinitionAn enzyme commercially available under various trademarks; catalyzes oxidation of glucose to gluconic acid. Water-soluble amorphous powder. Removes excess oxygen from canned foods, beer, etc., and from stored food.
- Industrial usesIn nature, the enzymes glucose oxidase (GOx) or glucose dehydrogenase (GDH) are used as biosensors for blood glucose monitors.
- Purification MethodsThe oxidase is purified by dialysis against deionized water at 6o for 48hours and by molecular exclusion chromatography with Sephadex G-25 at room temperature. [Holt & Cotton J Am Chem Soc 109 1841 1987.]
Glucose oxidase Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Copper(II) gluconate Ferrous gluconate Zinc gluconate EC 188.8.131.52 Magnesium gluconate Manganese gluconate Chlorhexidine digluconate D-(+)-Glucono-1,5-lactone Potassium gluconate CALCIUM GLUCONATE MONOHYDRATE Sodium gluconate 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL Cupric acetylacetonate Aluminum acetylacetonate 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE Tosylmethyl isocyanide Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III)
- Company Name:Shanghai Baoman Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shandong Fengtai Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15662658391 0531-82066716-
- Company Name:Hubei Yuanmeng Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18120462897 027-68897569-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-