ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Naphthenic amines derivatives > 3-Diethylaminophenol
3-Diethylaminophenol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:69-72 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:170 °C15 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.0203 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4820 (estimate)
- Flash point:141 °C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- form Flakes or Granules
- color Gray-brown to rose or red
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 20.5 ºC
- BRN 908212
- CAS DataBase Reference91-68-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePhenol, 3-(diethylamino)-(91-68-9)
- EPA Substance Registry Systemm-(Diethylamino)phenol (91-68-9)
3-Diethylaminophenol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesGrey-brown to rose or red flakes or granules
- General DescriptionBlack solid.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAn amine and phenol. Amines are chemical bases. They neutralize acids to form salts plus water. These acid-base reactions are exothermic. The amount of heat that is evolved per mole of amine in a neutralization is largely independent of the strength of the amine as a base. Amines may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides. Phenols do not behave as organic alcohols, as one might guess from the presence of a hydroxyl (-OH) group in their structure. Instead, they react as weak organic acids. Phenols and cresols are much weaker as acids than common carboxylic acids (phenol has Ka = 1.3 x 10^[-10]). These materials are incompatible with strong reducing substances such as hydrides, nitrides, alkali metals, and sulfides. Flammable gas (H2) is often generated, and the heat of the reaction may ignite the gas. Heat is also generated by the acid-base reaction between phenols and bases. Such heating may initiate polymerization of the organic compound. Phenols are sulfonated very readily (for example, by concentrated sulfuric acid at room temperature). The reactions generate heat. Phenols are also nitrated very rapidly, even by dilute nitric acid.
- HazardSee phenol.
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: 3-Diethylaminophenol may cause irritation on contact.
- Fire HazardFlash point data are not available for 3-Diethylaminophenol, but 3-Diethylaminophenol is probably combustible.
3-Diethylaminophenol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidIronCHLOROETHANESodium 3-nitrobenzenesulphonateMETANILIC ACID SODIUM SALT
- Preparation ProductsCoumarin 6NILE RED7-DIETHYLAMINO-3-THENOYLCOUMARINCOUMARIN 7SULFORHODAMINE BCoumarin 30Rhodamine B4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde9-DIETHYLAMINO-2-HYDROXY-5H-BENZ(A)-BASIC BLUE 35-(diethylamino)-2-nitrosophenol
- m-Toluidine N-Methylaniline 2-Ethylaniline N,N-Diethylhydroxylamine Diphenylamine Mefenpyr-diethyl 4-Aminophenol 2,6-Diethylaniline 3-Aminophenol Diethylzinc N,N-Diethylaniline m-dimethylamminophenol Diethyl malonate 3-Hydroxybenzoic acid 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Diethyl carbonate N,N-Dimethylaniline Diethyl ether
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:ShangHai DEMO Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:400-021-7337 qq:2355568890
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.