ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Amides > Naphthenic amines derivatives > 2-Ethylaniline
2-Ethylaniline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-44 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:210 °C (lit.)
- Density 0.983 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor density 4.2 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 0.11 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:196 °F
- storage temp. −20°C
- form Liquid
- pkapK1:4.42(+1) (25°C)
- color Clear yellow to red-brownish
- Water Solubility insoluble
- BRN 1841268
- CAS DataBase Reference578-54-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Ethylaniline(578-54-1)
- EPA Substance Registry Systemo-Ethylaniline (578-54-1)
2-Ethylaniline Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear yellow to red-brownish liquid
- Chemical Properties2-Ethylaniline is a yellow liquid that turns brown on standing in air
- UsesIntermediate for pharmaceuticals, dyestuffs, pesticides, and other products.
- Synthesis Reference(s)The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 45, p. 4926, 1980 DOI: 10.1021/jo01312a021
- General DescriptionA brown liquid. Insoluble in water and less dense than water. Hence floats on water. Flash point 185°F. May irritate skin, eyes and mucous membranes. Toxic by ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile2-Ethylaniline neutralizes acids in exothermic reactions to form salts plus water. May react with acids to release toxic fumes of aniline and oxides of nitrogen. Reacts violently with oxidizing materials. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen may be generated in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardCombustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
- Safety Profile: A poison. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Flammable when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidizing materials. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits highly toxic fumes of aniline and NOx. See also NETHYLANILINE.
- Potential ExposureThis material is used in making drugs, dyes, and pesticides.
- ShippingUN2273 2-Ethylaniline, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- IncompatibilitiesCombustible; vapor may form explosive mixture with air above 80℃. Decomposes on contact with light or air. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides, anhydrides, and chloroformates. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
2-Ethylaniline Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-Ethoxybenzoic acid N-(2,6-dimethylcyclohexyl)-3-ethylaniline N-(2,6-dimethylheptan-4-yl)-2-ethylaniline N-(1-aminononan-2-yl)-N-ethylaniline 4-(1-aminoethyl)-N-benzyl-N-ethylaniline N-Methyl-N-methoxycarbonylethylaniline Pentanedioic acid, ion(1-), salts with oxidized benzaldehyde-N,N-diethylbenzenamine-N,N-dimethylbenzenamine reaction products 3-Diethylaminophenol 4-Ethylaniline 2-Bromoaniline 1-AMINO-7-NITROFLUORENE 2-Chloro-N-[4-chloro-2-(2-chlorobenzoyl)phenyl]acetamide Ethyl maltol 3-Anilinopropionitrile ALTRENOGEST 2-Ethylaniline AMINO ACIDS 2-Fluoroaniline
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13031183356 010-60275820-