ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal chlorides and salt > Rubidium chloride
Rubidium chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:715 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:1390 °C
- Density 2.8 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index 1.493
- Flash point:1390°C
- storage temp. Store at R.T.
- solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form beads
- color White
- Specific Gravity2.8
- PH5.0-8.0 (25℃, 1M in H2O)
- Water Solubility 910 g/L (20 ºC)
- λmaxλ: 260 nm Amax: 0.03
λ: 280 nm Amax: 0.03
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,8284
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with bromine trifluoride, strong acids. Hygroscopic - protect from moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference7791-11-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceRubidium chloride(7791-11-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemRubidium chloride (RbCl) (7791-11-9)
Rubidium chloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionRubidium chloride is a kind of alkali metal halide consisting of rubidium and chlorine. It has applications in various kinds of fields. It can be used as a gasoline additive and an excellent non-invasive biomarker. For example, it can be used as a radioactive isotope to trace many kinds of biological processes such as measuring the coronary collateral blood flow. It can also be used for the preparation of competent cells in molecular cloning. In addition, it is a kind of antidepressant which is capable of increasing the dopamine and norepinephrine levels. The effect is also related with the stimulation of rubidium chloride on the generation of nitric oxide.
- UsesRubidium chloride is used in preparing rubidium metal and many rubidium salts. Also, it is used in pharmaceuticals as an antidepressant and as a density-gradient medium for centrifugal separation of viruses, DNA, and large particles. Other applications are as an additive to gasoline to improve its octane number and as a catalyst.
- Physical propertiesRubidium chloride is prepared by adding hydrochloric acid to a solution of rubidium carbonate or hydroxide. The solution is evaporated to obtain welldefined colorless cubic crystals of rubidium chloride
RbOH + HCl → RbCl + H2O
Rb2CO3 + 2HCl → 2RbCl + H2O + CO2
- ReferencesZhen-Yu, L. I., X. U. Kai-Lin, and X. Y. Pan. "Rubidium chloride method for the preparation of competent E. coli cells." Acta Academiae Medicinae Xuzhou (2004).
Bernard, Jean Rene, and Jean Nury. "Method of dehydrocyclizing aliphatic hydrocarbons." U.S. Patent No. 4,104,320. 1 Aug. 1978.
Quattlebaum, F. W., R. F. Edlich, and C. W. Lillehei. "Measurement of coronary collateral blood flow using radioactive rubidium chloride." Surg Gynecol Obstet 129.5(1969):1034-1038.
Kordjazy, Nastaran, et al. "Elevated level of nitric oxide mediates the anti-depressant effect of rubidium chloride in mice." European journal of pharmacology 762 (2015).
- Chemical Properties White, crystalline powder; lustrous. When heated it decrepi- tates, melts, and volatizes. Soluble in water; almost insoluble in alcohols.
- Physical propertiesColorless cubic crystals; refractive index 1.493 at 35°C; density 2.80 g/cm3 at 25°C; density of liquid melt 2.088 g/mL at 750°C; melts at 718°C; vaporizes at 1,390°C; readily dissolves in water, solubility 77 g/100mL at 0°C and 139 g/100mL at 100°C; sparingly soluble in methanol, 1.41g/100mL at 25°C.
- UsesRubidium chlorides (RbCl) is a source of rubidium metal and is used as a chemical reagent.
- UsesAs catalyst; as gasoline octane number improver.
- DefinitionChEBI: An inorganic chloride composed of rubidium and chloride ions in a 1:1 ratio.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from water (0.7mL/g) by cooling to 0o from 100o. Its solubility in H2O is 77.3% at 0.6o, 90.3% at 70o and 147% at boiling point. [D.nges in Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry (Ed. Brauer) Academic Press Vol I p 951-955 1963.]
- Rubidium chloride(85Rb,35Cl) Rubidium chloride-platinum(IV) chloride CESIUM RUBIDIUM CHLORIDE Rubidium chloride Polyvinyl chloride Barium chloride Mepiquat chloride Zinc chloride Sodium chloride Choline chloride Potassium chloride Magnesium chloride hexahydrate Benzyl chloride Aluminum chlorohydrate RUBIDIUM Lithium chloride Methylene Chloride CHLORIDE STANDARD
- Company Name:Shanghai Huayu Industrial Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18917588395 18917588395
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar