Mepiquat chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:285°C
- Boiling point:245.45°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.9989 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5760 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Specific Gravity1.187
- Merck 14,5857
- BRN 3914089
- CAS DataBase Reference24307-26-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemMepiquat chloride (24307-26-4)
- Hazard Codes Xn
- Risk Statements 22-52/53
- Safety Statements 61
- RIDADR Not a regulated material.
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS TN4939200
- HS Code 29333990
- Hazardous Substances Data24307-26-4(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 in mice, rats (mg/kg): 780, 464 orally; in rats (mg/kg): >2000 dermally (BASF Agric. Chem. Div.)
- Language:EnglishProvider:N,N-Dimethylpiperidinium chloride
Mepiquat chloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionMepiquat chloride (N, N-dimethylpiperidinium chloride), well known as PIX, is a potential systemic plant growth regulator. It is applied in cereals including wheat, oats, barley, rye, triticale and is extensively used in the cotton production. It is intended to increase yield by inhibiting gibberellic acid synthesis. The use of mepiquat chloride results in a shorter and more compact plant, lower leaf area index due to smaller leaf size and earlier maturity.
- References X. Ren, L. Zhang, M. Du, J. Evers, W. van der Werf, X Tian and Z. Li, Managing mepiquat chloride and plant density for optimal yield and quality of cotton, Field Crops Research, 2013, vol. 149, 1-10
 Amarjit Basra, Plant Growth Regulators in Agriculture and Horticulture: Their Role and Commercial Use, 2000
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystalline solid, off-white powder, or pinkish liquid. Slightly sweet, musty odor;
- UsesPlant growth regulator.
- DefinitionChEBI: A quaternary ammonium salt consisting of equimolar amounts of mepiquat cations and chloride anions. A plant growth regulator, it is used in agriculture to reduce vegetative growth including sprout suppression in garlic, leeks and onions.
- HazardModerately toxic by ingestion. Low toxicity by inhalation and skin contact.
- Agricultural UsesHerbicide, Plant growth regulator: Registered solely for cotton, to control the growth and yield.
- Trade nameBAS 083 01 W®; BAS 85559X®; MEPEX®; MEPICHLOR®; MEPPLUS®; PIX®; PONNAX®; ROQUAT®; TERPAL® (with Ethephon)
- Potential ExposureA quarternary ammonium salt herbicide and plant growth regulator registered solely for use on cotton, to control growth and yield
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required
- IncompatibilitiesDecomposes in temperatures above 320℃. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
- Waste DisposalDo not discharge into drains or sewers. Dispose of waste material as hazardous waste using a licensed disposal contractor to an approved landfill. Consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Incineration with effluent gas scrubbing is recommended. In accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Noncombustible containers should be compacted and buried under more than 16 in/40 cm. of soil. Must be disposed properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office.
Mepiquat chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Potassium chloride Ropivacaine mesylate Ketotifen fumarate SCOPOLAMINE METHYL CHLORIDE, [N-METHYL-3H] N-Benzylcinchonidinium chloride N-BENZYLCINCHONINIUM CHLORIDE AMO 1618 Oxalyl chloride Choline chloride Haloperidol Methylene Chloride Mepivacaine hydrochloride Zinc chloride Rifampicin Prochlorperazine Sodium chloride Thionyl chloride 1,3-Dimethylbarbituric acid
Mepiquat chloride SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-