Haloperidol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:152 °C
- Boiling point:529.0±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.1820 (estimate)
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility 45% (w/v) aq 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin: 0.39 mg/mL
- pka8.3(at 25℃)
- form powder
- color white
- Water Solubility 2.058mg/L(22.5 ºC)
- Merck 14,4598
- CAS DataBase Reference52-86-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceHaloperidol(52-86-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHaloperidol (52-86-8)
- Hazard Codes T,F
- Risk Statements 60-61-25-36/37/38-43-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11
- Safety Statements 53-26-36/37/39-45-36/37-16
- RIDADR UN 2811 6.1/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS EU1575000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 2933399090
- Hazardous Substances Data52-86-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in rats: 165 mg/kg (Goldenthal); i.p. in mice: 60 mg/kg (Collins, Horlington)
Haloperidol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Powder
- UsesAntidyskinetic; antipsychotic
- DefinitionChEBI: A compound composed of a central piperidine structure with hydroxy and p-chlorophenyl substituents at position 4 and an N-linked p-fluorobutyrophenone moiety.
- brand nameHaldol (OrthoMcNeil).
- General DescriptionHaloperidol, 4-[4-(p-chlorophenyl)-4-hydroxypiperidino]-4-fluorobutyrophenone (Haldol), is anodorless white to yellow crystalline powder. Haloperidol iswell and rapidly absorbed and has a high bioavailability. It ismore than 90% bound to plasma proteins. Haloperidol is excretedslowly in the urine and feces. About 30% of a dose isexcreted in urine and about 20% of a dose in feces via biliaryelimination,and only 1% of a dose is excreted as unchangeddrug in the urine.Haloperidol is a minor substrate of CYP1A2 and a major substrate of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4.CYP2D6 inhibitors may increase the levels/effects ofhaloperidol.Haloperidol may increase the levels/effects ofCYP2D6 substrates and it may decrease the bioactivationof CYP2D6 prodrugs substrates. Haloperidol also is a moderateinhibitor of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. CYP3A4 inducersmay decrease the levels/effects of haloperidol, whereasCYP3A4 inhibitors may increase the levels/effects ofhaloperidol. Centrally acting acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsmay increase the risk of antipsychotic-related EPS. The precisemechanism of antipsychotic action is unclear but isconsidered to be associated with the potent DA D2receptor–blocking activity in the mesolimbic system and theresulting adaptive changes in the brain. Haloperidol is usedprimarily for the long-term treatment of psychosis and is especiallyuseful in patients who are noncompliant with theirdrug treatment.
- General DescriptionHaloperidol, 4[4-(p-chlorophenyl)-4-hydroxypiperidone]-4' -n-fluorobutyrophenone (Haldol),the representative of several related classes of aromaticbutylpiperidine derivatives, is a potent antipsychotic usefulin schizophrenia and in psychoses associated with braindamage. It is frequently chosen as the agent to terminatemania and often used in therapy for Gilles de la Tourettesyndrome. Haloperidol-induced dyskinesias may involveneurotoxicological metabolite similar to dopaminergic toxicantMPP+.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsHaloperidol is an analogue of the dopamine D2 receptor antagonist and is an older antipsychotic drug. The drug is used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a neuropsychiatric disorder. In general, antipsychotic drugs work by blocking the dopamine D2 receptors.
Haloperidol is such an antipsychotic drug, which was developed in the 1950s and entered the clinic soon after that. Its use is limited by the high incidence of extrapyramidal symptoms (movement disorders caused by drugs affecting the extrapyramidal system, a neural network which is part of the motor system). Nevertheless, haloperidol may be used for the rapid control of hyperactive psychotic states and is popular for treating restlessness in the elderly.
- Biological ActivityDopamine antagonist with selectivity for D 2 -like receptors (K i values are 1.2, ~ 7, 2.3, ~ 80 and ~ 100 nM for D 2 , D 3 , D 4 , D 1 and D 5 receptors respectively). Subtype-selective NMDA antagonist.
Haloperidol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- HALOPERIDOL RELATED COMPOUND A 4,4-BIS[4-P-CHLOROPHENYL)-4-HYDROXY-PIPERIDINO]BUTYROPHENONE USP(CRM STANDARD) IOHEXOL IMPURITY J HALOPERIDOL ASSAY STANDARD BP(CRM STANDARD) IOHEXOL IMPURITY A haloperidol hemisuccinate HALOPERIDOL, TG CONJUGATE clofluperol HALOPERIDOL-D4,100/MLINMETHANOL,HALOPERIDOL-D4 HALOPERIDOL HYDROCHLORIDE HALOPERIDOL, [3H(G)]- TriphenylMethyl chloride Haloperidol caprate Chlorodimethylphenylsilane Diphenoxylate 2-Butanone tert-Butylchlorodiphenylsilane CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Haloperidol
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009