Clemizole Chemical Properties
- Melting point:239-241℃
Clemizole Usage And Synthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of benzimidazoles that is 1H-benzimidazole substituted by a pyrrolidin-1-ylmethyl and a 4-chlorobenzyl groups at positions 2 and 1 respectively.
- Manufacturing ProcessFrom 13.1 g of N-p-chlorobenzyl-2-nitroaniline (MP 110°C, obtained in the
form of orange-red needles, from o-nitrochlorobenzene and pchlorobenzylamine by reaction for 3 hours at 150°C) by reduction with Raneynickel and hydrogen, in which reaction the substance may be suspended in
methanol or dissolved in methanol-ethyl acetate at normal pressure and at
about 40°C with combination of the theoretical quantity of hydrogen, 12.2 g
are obtained of o-amino-N-p-chlorobenzylaniline, which after recrystallization
from aqueous methanol has a MP of 90°C.
8 g of o-amino-N-p-chlorobenzylaniline and 2.8 g of pyridine are dissolved in dry ether and reacted with an ethereal solution of 3.9 g of chloracetyl chloride with cooling in a mixture of ice and common salt. 8 g of N-p-chlorobenzyl-N'- chloracetyl-o-phenylene diamine are obtained which can be worked up in the form of the crude product and, in the slightly colored form, has a MP of 130°C.
7.6 g of this compound are boiled with 3.9 g of pyrrolidine in 70 cc of toluene for some hours under reflux. After extraction by shaking with water and treatment with hydrochloric acid the hydrochloride is produced of N-pchlorobenzyl-N'-pyrrolidylacetyl-o-phenylene diamine together with some 1-pchlorobenzyl-2-N-pyrrolidylmethyl-benzimidazole. The former, after recrystallization from butanol, melts with foaming at 205°C, the latter, after recrystallization from butanol melts at 239°C to 241°C, and is in the form of white microscopic rods. Boiling in nitrobenzene converts the former compound into the latter.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntihistaminic
Clemizole Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium hydroxideEthyl acetateMethanolDichloromethaneAcetic acid glacialN,N-DimethylformamidePETROLEUM ETHERToluenePhosphorus oxychlorideSodium nitriteSodium borohydrideStannous chloride dihydrate4-ChlorobenzaldehydeChloroacetyl chlorideTetrahydro pyrrole2-Nitroanilinep-Toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate
- N-Ethylbenzimidazole (1-BENZYL-1H-IMIDAZOL-2-YL)METHYLAMINE,97% C-(1-ETHYL-1H-IMIDAZOL-2-YL)-METHYLAMINE ETHYL-(1-METHYL-1 H-IMIDAZOL-2-YLMETHYL)-AMINE Chlormidazole CHEMBRDG-BB 4014415 1,2Dimethylbenzimidazole 1H-IMIDAZOL-2-YLMETHYLAMINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE 2-(PYRROLIDIN-1-YLMETHYL)-1H-IMIDAZOLE C-(1-BENZYL-1H-BENZOIMIDAZOL-2-YL)-METHYLAMINE 1-METHYLBENZIMIDAZOLE 1-Benzyl-2-methyl-1H-imidazole Benzylpenicillinclemizole 2-AMINOMETHYLIMIDAZOLE HYDROCHLORIDE Clemizole TIMTEC-BB SBB000240 METHYL-(1-METHYL-1H-IMIDAZOL-2-YLMETHYL)-AMINE (1H-BENZO[D]IMIDAZOL-2-YL)METHANAMINE
- Company Name:Jingmo (Xiamen) Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:Shanghai Topbiochem Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:021-58170097 021-58170097-
- Company Name:Shanghai T&W Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86 21 61551611
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801