ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Carboxylic acids and esters > Aliphatic dicarboxylic acid esters > Cyclohexyl acetate
Cyclohexyl acetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-77 °C
- Boiling point:172-173 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.966 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 2349 | CYCLOHEXYL ACETATE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:136 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility 2g/l
- explosive limit0.9%(V)
- Water Solubility 1.597g/L(20 ºC)
- JECFA Number1093
- CAS DataBase Reference622-45-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAcetic acid, cyclohexyl ester(622-45-7)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAcetic acid, cyclohexyl ester (622-45-7)
Cyclohexyl acetate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesClear colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Chemical PropertiesCyclohexyl has an odor reminiscent of amyl acetate.
- Chemical PropertiesCyclohexyl acetate is a colorless, oily, and flammable liquid.
- OccurrenceReported found in sauerkraut.
- UsesCyclohexyl Acetate is a synthetic flavoring agent that is a stable, colorless liquid of fruity odor. it is stored in glass, tin, or resin-lined containers. it is used for flavors such as apple, banana, blackberry, and raspberry with applications in beverages, ice cream, candy, and baked goods at 15–110 ppm.
- PreparationBy heating the corresponding alcohol with acetic anhydride or acetic acid in the presence of traces of sulfuric acid.
- Production MethodsCyclohexyl acetate is manufactured by direct esterification of cyclohexanol and alternatively by heating alcohol with acetic anhydride in the presence of sulfuric acid.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 30 ppm: solventy and slightly cooling with sweet banana and apple notes.
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid. Flash point 136°F. Slightly less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors are much heavier than air and may be narcotic in high concentrations. May emit acrid smoke and irritating fumes when heated to high temperatures. Used as a solvent and in making rubber.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileCYCLOHEXANOL ACETATE is an ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Health HazardMay be harmful by inhalation, ingestion, or skin absorption. Causes eye and skin irritation.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions. Vapor may travel considerable distance to a source of ignition and flash back.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by subcutaneous route. Mildly toxic by ingestion and skin contact. Human systemic effects by inhalation: conjunctiva irritation and unspecified respiratory system changes. A systemic irritant to humans. A skin and eye irritant. Flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Cyclohexyl acetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsCyclohexanol
- ISOPULEGYL ACETATE L-MENTHYL ACETATE Vinyl acetate TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILYL) PHOSPHATE Isocyanatocyclohexane Isopropyl acetate Sodium acetate Ethyl acetate ACETATE Ammonium acetate 1-Methoxy-2-propyl acetate POLY(VINYL ACETATE) Amyl acetate Phenylacetic acid Benzyl acetate BUTYL OLEATE CELLULOSE ACETATE 2-Methyl-2-propenoic acid cyclohexyl ester
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.