ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Cyanate ester / isocyanate > Isocyanatocyclohexane
Isocyanatocyclohexane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-80 °C
- Boiling point:168-170 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.98 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 1.83 psi ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:120 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to light amber
- Water Solubility decomposes
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- BRN 507983
- Stability:Stability Flammable. Incompatible with water, strong oxidizing agents, alcohols, strong bases, amines, acids, copper alloys, aluminium. May polymerize if exposed to moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference3173-53-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceCyclohexylisocyanate(3173-53-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCyclohexyl isocyanate (3173-53-3)
Isocyanatocyclohexane Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescolourless or light yellow liquid
- Chemical PropertiesCyclohexyl isocyanate is a clear, flammable liquid. It has a sharp, pungent odor.
- DefinitionChEBI: An isocyanate comprising a cyclohexane core with a single isocyanato substituent.
- General DescriptionA yellowish liquid with an irritating odor. Insoluble in water. Flash point 127°F. Very toxic by inhalation, skin absorption and ingestion. Used to make pharmaceuticals and agricultural chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Insoluble in water. Reacts slowly with water to form the amine and CO2.
- Reactivity ProfileIsocyanates and thioisocyanates are incompatible with many classes of compounds, reacting exothermically to release toxic gases. Reactions with amines, aldehydes, alcohols, alkali metals, ketones, mercaptans, strong oxidizers, hydrides, phenols, and peroxides can cause vigorous releases of heat. Acids and bases initiate polymerization reactions in these materials. Some isocyanates react with water to form amines and liberate carbon dioxide. Base-catalysed reactions of isocyanates with alcohols should be carried out in inert solvents. Such reactions in the absence of solvents often occur with explosive violence [Wischmeyer 1969].
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors, dusts or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Bromoacetates and chloroacetates are extremely irritating/lachrymators. Reaction with water or moist air will release toxic, corrosive or flammable gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat that will increase the concentration of fumes in the air. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated or if contaminated with water.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. Mutation data reported. A flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also CYANATES and ESTERS.
- Potential ExposureThe material is used in the synthesis of agricultural chemicals.
- ShippingUN2488 Cyclohexyl isocyanate, Hazard class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poison Inhalation Hazard, 3-Flammable liquid, Inhalation Hazard Zone B.
Isocyanatocyclohexane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4-Methylcyclohexyl isocyanate Poly(oxy-1,4-butanediyl), .alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxy-, polymer with 1,1-methylenebis4-isocyanatocyclohexane 2-Oxepanone, polymer with 1,1'-methylenebis[4-isocyanatocyclohexane] and 2,2'-oxybis[ethanol], 2-hydroxyethyl acrylate-blocked,2-Oxepanone,polymer with 1,1'-methylenebis[4-isocyanatocyclohexane] and 2,2'-oxybis[ethanol],2-hydroxyethyl acrylate-blocked Polyoxy(methyl-1,2-ethanediyl), .alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxy-, polymer with 1,1-methylenebis4-isocyanatocyclohexane 2,2'-Oxybisethanol polymer with α-hydro-ω-hydroxypoly(oxy-1,4-butanediyl) and 1,1'-methylenebis[4-isocyanatocyclohexane] Poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl),.alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxy-,polymer with 1,1'-methylenebis[4-isocyanatocyclohexane],1-decanol-blocked Oxirane, methyl-, polymer with 1,1-methylenebis4-isocyanatocyclohexane and oxirane 2-Oxepanone, polymer with 2-ethyl-2-(hydroxymethyl)-1,3-propanediol and 1,1'-methylenebis[4-isocyanatocyclohexane] trans-4-Methycyclohexyl isocyanate 1-butyl-4-isocyanatocyclohexane Isocyanatocyclohexane Exo-2-norbornylisocyanate 1-ADAMANTYL ISOCYANATE TRANS-1,4-CYCLOHEXANE DIISOCYANATE CBI-BB ZERO/008510 (1S,2S)-2-BENZYLOXYCYCLOHEXYL ISOCYANATE Isophorone diisocyanate (1R,2R)-(-)-2-BENZYLOXYCYCLOHEXYL ISOCYANATE
- Company Name:Jiangsu aikang biomedical research and development co., LTD Gold
- Tel:13155353615 025-66151770-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar