Lincomycin Chemical Properties
- Hazardous Substances Data154-21-2(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: 1gm/kg
Lincomycin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLincomycin is an antibiotic active against grampositive bacteria. Occupational exposure occurs in poultry and pig breeders.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Solid
- UsesAn antibiotic produced by Streptomyces lincolnensis. Antibacterial
- UsesLincomycin is a polar, water soluble, broad spectrum antibiotic first isolated from Streptomyces licolnensis by researchers at Upjohn in 1962. Lincomycin was the first of a unique structural class, the lincosamides, containing a rare amino acid, 4-propyl-N-methylproline, coupled to an equally rare aminomethylthio-octopyranoside sugar. Lincomycin and semi-synthetic analogues are often incorrectly considered to be aminoglycosides but share little or no structural similarity. Lincomycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic with activity against anaerobic bacteria and protozoans. Lincomycin acts by binding to the 23S ribosomal subunit, blocking protein synthesis. Lincomycin has been extensively studied with over 7,000 literature citations.
- DefinitionChEBI: A carbohydrate-containing antibiotic produced by the actinomyces Streptomyces lincolnensis.
- Manufacturing ProcessAs described in US Patent 3,086,912, the process comprises cultivating Streptomyces lincolnensis var. lincolnensis in an aqueous nutrient medium containing a source of assimilable carbohydrate and assimilable nitrogen under aerobic conditions until substantial activity is imparted to the medium by production of lincolnensin and isolating the lincolnensin so produced.
- brand nameLincocin (Pharmacia & Upjohn).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibacterial
- Antimicrobial activityLincomycin has an antibacterial effect with respect to Gram-positive microorganisms (staphylococci, streptococci, pneumococci, diphtheria bacillus, and clostridia). It is used for serious bacterial infections: sepsis, osteomyelitis, septic endocarditis, pneumonia, pulmonary abscess, infected wounds, and purulent meningitis. Lincomycin is a reserve drug for infections caused by strains of staphylococci and other Gram-positive microorganisms that are resistant to penicillin and other antibiotics. Synonyms of this drug are lincocin, mycivin, albiotic, and others.
- Contact allergensLincomycin is an antibiotic of the lincosanide group，active against Gram-positive bacteria. Occupational exposure occurs in poultry and pig breeders
- Clinical UseLincomycin is a natural product isolated from fermentations of Streptomyces lincolnensisvar. lincolnensis. It is active against Gram-positive organisms, including some anaerobes. It is indicated for the treatment of serious infections caused by sensitive strains of streptococci, pneumococci, and staphylococci. It generally is reserved for patients who are allergic to penicillin because of the increased risk of pseudomembranous colitis. It also serves as the starting material for the synthesis of clindamycin (by a SN-2 reaction that inverts the R stereochemistry of the C-7 hydroxyl to a C-7 S-chloride).
- Chemical SynthesisLincomycin, 6,8-dideoxy-6-trans-(1-methyl-4-propyl-L-2-pyrrolidincarboxamido)-1-methylthio-D-erythro-α-D-galacto-octopyranoside (32.5.1), is the first lincosamide that has found use in clinical practice, and which was isolated in 1962 from the culture liquid of the activity of the actinomycete Streptomyces lincolnensis.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsLincomycin has dosage forms approved for use in dogs, cats, swine, and in combination with other agents for chickens. Because clindamycin is generally better absorbed, more active, and probably less toxic, it has largely supplanted the use of lincomycin for oral and injectable therapy in small animals, but some clinicians believe that clindamycin does not offer enough clinically significant improvements over lincomycin to justify its higher cost. For further information, refer to the Pharmacology or Doses sections.
Lincomycin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsClindamycin hydrochloride
- 1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinone Isopropyl alcohol Thiophanate-methyl METHYL-2-PYRROLIDONE 1-METHYL-4-PROPYL-PYRROLIDINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID [2-HYDROXY-1-(3,4,5-TRIHYDROXY-6-METHYLSULFANYL-TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-2-YL)-PROPYL]-AMIDE lincospectin Sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate PYRAZOPHOS Clindamycin hydrochloride Polyvinylpyrrolidone Clindamycin lincomycin,hydrochloridehydrat Ammonium thiosulfate Methyl salicylate Propyl gallate Lincomycin hydrochloride BP98,Lincomycin hydrochloride monohydrate,LINCOMYCIN CHLOROHYDRATE,LINCOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE CELL CULTURE*TE STED,lincomycin solution,lincomycin standard solution,LINCOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE,LINCOMYCIN HCL Methyl 2-Thiobarbituric acid
- Company Name:Hubei Moco Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:PI & PI BIOTECH INC. Gold
- Tel:18371201331 020-81716320-
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:BOC Sciences