ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Amine salt (ammonium salt) > Tetrabutylammonium bromide
Tetrabutylammonium bromide, also known as tetrabutylammonium bromide. White crystal, deliquescence. 118 ℃ melting point. Soluble in water, alcohol, ether and acetone, slightly soluble in benzene.
- Product Name:Tetrabutylammonium bromide
- Synonyms: TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE, REAGENT (ACS)TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE, REAGENT (ACS)TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE, REAGENT (ACS)TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE, REAGENT (ACS) Tetrabu ylammonium bromide (TBAB) 1-Butanaminium,N,N,N-tributyl-, bromide (1:1) Tetrabutylammonium b TetrabutylaMMoniuM BroMide(Ipc-Tba-Br ) TetrabutylaMMoniuM broMide, 99+% 100GR Tetra(but-1-yl)ammonium bromide 98% TBAB/Tetrabutylammonium bromide
- Product Categories: - Other Products organo amine halide Pharmaceutical intermediates quarternary ammonium salts Ammonium Bromides (Quaternary) Analytical Chemistry HPLC Ion-Pair Reagents for Acidic Samples Ion-Pair Reagents for HPLC Quaternary Ammonium Compounds Ammonium, Phosphonium, Sulfonium Salts (Ionic Liquids) Ionic Liquids Synthetic Organic Chemistry Ammonium Salts Greener Alternatives: Catalysis Phase Transfer Catalysts Ammonium SaltsEssential Chemicals Reagent Plus Routine Reagents Ammonium SaltsAnalytical Reagents Electrochemistry Supporting Electrolytes for Electrochemistry Ion Pair Reagents - Anionic Concentrate AnionicHPLC Chromatography/CE Reagents Ion Pair Ion Pair Reagents Ion Pair Reagents - Anionic
- Mol File:1643-19-2.mol
Tetrabutylammonium bromide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:102-106 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:102 °C
- Density 1.039 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n20/D 1.422
- Flash point:100℃
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: 0.1 g/mL, clear, colorless
- form Crystalline Powder
- Specific Gravity1.007
- color White to slightly cream
- Water Solubility 600 g/L (20 ºC)
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- λmaxλ: 240 nm Amax: 0.04
λ: 250 nm Amax: 0.03
λ: 260 nm Amax: 0.02
λ: 500 nm Amax: 0.02
- BRN 3570983
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Protect from moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference1643-19-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceTetra-N-butylammonium bromide(1643-19-2)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Butanaminium, N,N,N-tributyl-, bromide(1643-19-2)
Tetrabutylammonium bromide Usage And Synthesis
- Physical and Chemical PropertiesTetrabutylammonium bromide, also known as tetrabutylammonium bromide. White crystal, deliquescence. 118 ℃ melting point. Soluble in water, alcohol, ether and acetone, slightly soluble in benzene.
Figure 1: a structural formula of tetrabutylammonium bromide
- Application(1) Used as a reagent for the analysis of organic synthesis.
(2) Tetrabutylammonium bromide is also an effective phase transfer catalyst.
Phase transfer catalyst, referred to as PTC, is able to transfer the aqueous phase (or organic phase) to the organic phase (or aqueous phase) catalyst, which can make the reaction between the aqueous phase and the organic phase of the catalyst. PTC has the function of changing the degree of ion solvation, increasing the activity of ion reaction, speeding up the reaction rate and so on. Solve the problem of the past in the two phases of the reaction is difficult to react.
Common quaternary ammonium salt phase transfer catalysts are: benzyl triethyl ammonium chloride, trioctyl methyl ammonium chloride, tetramethyl ammonium bromide, tetrapropylammonium chloride, tetrabutylammonium bromide , tetrabutyl ammonium iodide, benzyl triethyl ammonium bromide, triethyl hexyl bromide, octyl triethylammonium bromide.
Phase transfer catalyst is widely applied in organic synthesis: R2C for preparing compounds (carbene type compound), further preparation of the corresponding nitrile, isonitrile, Halon, dichloromethane cyclopropane derivatives, hydroxy acids and diazomethane. For the alkylation reaction, compared with traditional methods, to avoid the harsh conditions of dry operation, and high yield, it can also be used in the redox reaction, ester hydrolysis, substitution reaction, condensation reaction, addition reaction, polymerization reaction, addition reaction of carbon and the elimination of reaction and so on.
(3) For organic synthesis intermediates, phase transfer catalyst
(4) Ion-pairing reagents for the synthesis of bacampicillin, sultamicillin like.
(5) Ion pair chromatography reagents, phase transfer catalyst. Bacampicillin, sultamicillin like synthesis.
- ToxicityThe acute oral LD50 (mouse): 590mg/kg. Inhalation, ingestion and skin contact toxic to the skin, eyes and respiratory system irritation.
More information from the ChemicalBook Xiaonan editor (2015-09-16).
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystals or powder
- UsesPTC catalyst
- DefinitionChEBI: A tetrabutylammonium salt with bromide as the anionic counterpart.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the salt from *benzene (5mL/g) at 80o by adding hot n-hexane (three volumes) and allowing to cool. Dry it over P2O5 or Mg(ClO4)2, under vacuum. The salt is very hygroscopic. It can also be crystallised from ethyl acetate or dry acetone by adding diethyl ether and dried in vacuo at 60o for 2 days. It has been crystallised from acetone by addition of diethyl ether. It is so hygroscopic that all manipulations should be carried out in a dry-box. It has been purified by precipitation from a saturated solution in dry CCl4 on addition of cyclohexane or by recrystallisation from ethyl acetate, then heating in vacuum to 75o in the presence of P2O5. [Symons et al. J Chem Soc, Faraday Trans 1 76 2251 1908.] It also recrystallises from CH2Cl2/diethyl ether and is dried in a vacuum desiccator over P2O5. [Blau & Espenson J Am Chem Soc 108 1962 1986, Beilstein 4 IV 657.]
Tetrabutylammonium bromide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products1-BENZOTHIOPHENE-5-CARBOXYLIC ACIDAlbendazolePiperonyl aldehyde3-AMINOBIPHENYL5-BromoindazoleETHYL 4-ETHOXYPHENYLACETATEH-GLY-AMC HBR1-Phenylcyclopentanecarboxylic acid3-PHENYLBENZYLAMINE4-PYRIDIN-2-YLISOXAZOL-5-AMINEcintofenFENOTHIOCARB(R)-(-)-2,2-Dimethyl-1,3-dioxolane-4-methanolIsocarbophosVenlafaxine hydrochloride 1-BENZOTHIOPHENE-5-CARBONITRILEN-(4-THIOPHEN-2-YL-PHENYL)-ACETAMIDEThianaphthene-2-carboxylic acidMyclobutanilalpha-butyl-alpha-phenyl-1H-imidazole-1-propiononitrile 5-BROMOBENZO[B]THIOPHENEOlaquindoxSisthsne2-[2-(DIPHENYLPHOSPHINO)ETHYL]PYRIDINEGlyceryl monostearate 1-(3-Aminopropyl)piperidinePhenyl vinyl sulfone6-BromopurineMethyl 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoateCYCLANILIDE2-(4-ETHOXYPHENYL)-2-METHYL PROPIONITRILELevetiracetam4-Bromo-7-azaindoleDIOCTYL ETHER1,1-Cyclopropanedicarboxylic acid dimethyl ester2 -phenyl-HexanenitrileAluminosilicateTetrabutylammonium hexafluorophosphate4-(tert-Butyl)benzyl mercaptanTetrabutylammonium borohydride
- Benzyltriethylammonium chloride Ammonium hydroxide Tetrabutylammonium bromide Molybdic acid Tetrapropylammonium bromide Ethidium bromide AMMONIUM Allyl bromide TETRABUTYL AMMONIUM BROMIDE Ammonium formate Ammonium acetate TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE PERBROMIDE (TRIBROMIDE),TBABr3, Tetrabutylammonium bromide perbromide,TETRABUTYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE PERBROMIDE Ammonium chloride Methyl bromide Ammonium sulfate Tetraoctylammonium bromide Cefalexin Extend-release Tablet Tetraheptylammonium bromide
- Company Name:Xiamen Pioneer Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:tetrabutyl ammonium bromide
Purity:>99.0% Package:25KG Remarks:Cat No.:BF-4
- Company Name:GuangTuo Chemical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:021-60899189-8001 18918189673
- Products Intro:CAS:1643-19-2
- Company Name:Wuxi QianFeng Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:0510-82860650 QQ:125867945
- Products Intro:Product Name:Tetrabutyl aMMoniuM broMide
- Company Name:Shanghai Orgchem Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86-21-5877 1921
- Products Intro:Product Name:Tetrabutylammonium bromide
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Products Intro:Product Name:Tetrabutylammonium bromide