ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Neuronal Signaling > 5-HT Receptor Inhibitor > Venlafaxine hydrochloride
Venlafaxine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:207-209°C
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility H2O: >10mg/mL
- form powder
- color white
- Merck 14,9946
- CAS DataBase Reference99300-78-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCyclohexanol, 1-[2-(dimethylamino)-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)ethyl]-, hydrochloride (1:1 (99300-78-4)
Venlafaxine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionVenlafaxine hydrochloride, a novel phenethylamine derivative, was introduced in the U.S.A. as an antidepressant. Venlafaxine is reported to be the first in the class of the second-generation of antidepressants with dual serotonidnorepinephrine reuptake inhibitory activity. Venlafaxine lacks any affinity for muscarinic, cholinergic, histaminergic and noradrenergic receptors and therefore, has an unusually favorable side effect profile compared with classical tricyclic antidepressants and shows less cardiotoxicity. In addition, venlafaxine has a rapid onset of action that makes it unique among the antidepressant agents. Other indications for venlafaxine include the treatment of obsessive and panic disorders, and obesity. Both enantiomers of venlafaxine were reported to have similar biological activity.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Powder
- OriginatorWyeth-Ayerst (U.S.A.)
- UsesA selective serotonin noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. Used as an antidepressant
- UsesVenlafaxine hydrochloride is an inhibitor of reuptake of both serotonin (IC50 = 0.21 μM) and norepinephrine (IC50 = 0.64 μM). It is effective in vitro and in vivo and against human as well as rat receptors. As an antidepressant, it is properly placed in the serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor class.[Cayman Chemical]
- UsesAn inhibitor of ST and SLC6A2.
- brand nameEffexor (Wyeth).
- Biological ActivityDual serotonin/noradrenalin re-uptake inhibitor that displays ~ 30-fold higher affinity for SERT than NET (K i values are 82 and 2480 nM respectively). Antidepressant; increases swimming and climbing behavior in the forced-swim test in rats.
Venlafaxine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl acrylate Dimethylamine Methyl acrylate Basic Violet 1 Dimethylamine hydrochloride Diethyl ether Acetonitrile Ethyl cellulose Pralmorelin Kresoxim-methyl Methyl O-Desmethylvenlafaxine Methoxyammonium chloride Topotecan hydrochloride Minocycline 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde N,N-Dimethylbenzylamine Methylparaben
Venlafaxine hydrochloride SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519