ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Carbides and carbonates > CALCIUM CARBONATE
- Product Name:CALCIUM CARBONATE
- Synonyms: CALCIUM CARBONATE FROM OYSTER SHELL LIME STONE POWDER CALCIUM CARBONATE (FOOD GRADE) CALCIUM CARBONATE POWDER, 99.50(CACO3) CALCIUM CARBONATE LIGHT (U-208) VICRON 15-15 FG LIMESTONE CalciumCarbonateCaCO3 Micromarble
- Product Categories:
- Mol File:1317-65-3.mol
CALCIUM CARBONATE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:825 °C
- Boiling point:2850 °C
- Density 2.93 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- solubility 5 M HCl: 0.1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form random crystals
- color Gray
- Solubility Product Constant (Ksp)pKsp: 8.47
- CAS DataBase Reference1317-65-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
CALCIUM CARBONATE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCalcite is one of the most common minerals on the face of the earth, comprising about 4% by weight of the earth’s crust and is formed in many different geological environments. Calcite can form rocks of considerable mass and constitutes a significant part of all three major rock classification types. It forms oolitic, fossiliferous and massive limestones in sedimentary environments and even serves as the internal cement for many sandstones and shales.Calcite is even a major component in the igneous rock called carbonatite and forms the major portion of many hydrothermal veins. Not necessarily a variety of calcite, cave formations are certainly a unique aspect of calcite’s story.
- Chemical PropertiesGround limestone consists essentially of calcium carbonate. It is obtained by crushing, grinding, and classifying naturally occurring limestone benefited by flotation and/or air classification. It is pro duced as a fine, white to off-white, microcrystalline powder. It is odorless and tasteless and is stable in air. It is practically insoluble in water and in alcohol. The presence of any ammonium salt or carbon dioxide increases its solubility in water, but the presence of any alkali hydroxide reduces the solubility.
- Chemical PropertiesCalcium carbonate is a white, odorless powder, or crystalline solid.
- UsesSource of lime; neutralizing agent, filler, and extender in rubber, plastics, paints; opacifying agent in paper; fortification of bread; putty; tooth pow- ders; antacid; whitewash; Portland cement; sulfur dioxide removal from stack gases; metallurgical flux; analytical chemistry; carbon dioxide gener- ation (laboratory).
- UsesCalcite is the primary mineral component in cave formations. Stalactites and stalagmites, cave veils, cave pearls, “soda straws” and the many other different cave formations that millions of visitors to underground caverns enjoy are made of calcite.
- DefinitionAragonite: An
anhydrous mineral form of calcium carbonate,
CaCO3, which occurs associated
with limestone and in some metamorphic
rocks. It is also the main ingredient of
pearls. It is not as stable as calcite, into
which it may change over time.
Calcite:A mineral form of calcium carbonate occurring in limestone, chalk, and marble.
Charlk: A natural form of calcium carbonate (CaCO3) formed originally by marine organisms. (Blackboard chalk is calcium sulfate, CaSO4.).
- PreparationThe calcite present is derived mostly from the remains of organisms such as clams, brachiopods, bryozoa, crinoids and corals. These animals live on the bottom of the sea and when they die their shells accumulate into piles of shelly debris. This debris ca
- General DescriptionOdorless, white to tan powder.
- Reactivity ProfileCALCIUM CARBONATE has generally low chemical reactivity. Is non-combustible. Decomposes at high temperature (825°C) to give gaseous carbon dioxide and calcium oxide (quicklime). Incompatible with acids, alum, ammonium salts, fluorine, magnesium. Reacts with acids and acidic salts to generate gaseous carbon dioxide with effervescence (bubbling). The reaction is rapid and exothermic with concentrated solutions of acids. The efferversence can create extensive foaming. Ignites on contact with fluorine.
- HazardA nuisance particulate dust.
- Agricultural UsesLimestone or dolomite, used in agriculture for liming the soil, is ground to a fineness to ensure that 50% of the particles pass through a 1.70mm Indian Standards (IS) sieve, and 50% is retained on a 150micron IS sieve.
- Safety ProfileA nuisance dust. An eye and skin irritant. Igmtes on contact with F2. Incompatible with acids, ammonium salts, (Mg + H2). Calcium carbonate is a common air contaminant. See also CALCIUM COMPOUNDS.
- Potential ExposureCalcium carbonate is used as a source of lime; neutralizing agent; manufacturing or rubber, plastics, paint and coatings; sealants, paper, dentifrices, ceramics, putty, polishes and cleaners, insecticides, inks and cosmetics; whitewash; Portland cement; antacids; analytical chemistry, and others
- IncompatibilitiesCalcium carbonate decomposes in high temperature forming carbon dioxide and corrosive materials
- Waste DisposalLandfills. It is the responsibility of chemical waste generators to determine if a discarded chemical is classified as a hazardous waste. See 40 CFR Parts 261.3 for United States Environmental Protection Agency guidelines for the classification determination. In addition, in order to ensure complete and accurate classification, waste generators must consult state and local hazardous waste regulations.
CALCIUM CARBONATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materials2 DIESEL FUEL
- Preparation ProductsSodium hydroxideSodium carbonateSodium bicarbonateCARBON DIOXIDECalcium carbonateCalcium chlorideAluminum oxide Zinc oxide Sodium dichromate dihydrateCalcium hydroxide Calcium oxideAluminium hydroxideBarium carbonateCalcium carbideDicyanodiamideTalcCalcium hydrogenphosphate dihydrateDiantimony trioxideLithium carbonateCalcium hypochloriteSiliconLithium hydroxide1,2,4-TrichlorobenzeneCalcium chloride hexahydrateFiber Glass WoolCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASICCement dustAcetic acid calcium saltCalcium chloride dihydrateCALCIUM SULFATEcalcium magnesium phosphate(CMP)Sodium tetraborate decahydrateAMMONIA SYNTHESIS CATALYSTMagnesium carbonate basicCalcium nitriteSODA ASH LIGHT 99.2% MIN.ammonia synthesis Fe catalystsRegulus silicate cement(+/-)-NICOTINE
- kill roach chalk vanishing chalk LIVER CHALK AGAR PREPARED NATURAL CHALK PRECIPITATED CHALK,CHALK, PRECIPITATED,CHALK,Calcite,powder,ARAGONITE,Calcite,naturallyoccuringmineral,grains,approximately0.06-0.19in,CALCITE MERCURY WITH CHALK CHALK (CACO2) whiting-starch interior wall paint ARAGONITE, NATURALLY OCCURRING MINERAL, GRAINS, APPROXIMATELY 0.06-0.19IN CHALK FRENCH,FRENCH CHALK Calcite (Ca(CO3)) CALCIUM CARBONATE-13C Palladium Lindlarcatalyst CALCIUM CARBONATE IRIDIUM CALCIUM CARBONATE MANGANESE(II) TETRABORATE CALCIUM CARBONATE-14C
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:86-21-50328103 * 801、802、803、804 Mobile:18930552037
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:028-85632863 028-64559668 18048500443
- Company Name:Chengdu RunZeBenTu Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:13096311329 028-88469284 qq:616445927
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tel:North:027-59599241,18871490274,QQ:1400878000 South:027-59599240,18871490354,QQ:1400868000