TALC Chemical Properties
- Melting point:800 °C
- Density 2,7 g/cm3
- refractive index 1.54-1.59
- storage temp. -70°C
- form Talclike material of varying composition, but generally grayish-white, fine, odorless power. It is noncombustible and insoluble in water.
TALC Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite, apple-green, gray powder; pearly or greasy luster, greasy feel. Mohs hardness 1–1.5 (may be harder when impure), high resistance to acids, alkalies, and heat.
- UsesChiefly as a ceramic insulator in electronic devices.
- UsesPigment in paint, varnishes; filler for paper, rubber, soap; lubricating molds and machinery; heat insulator.
- DefinitionAn extremely soft greenish or white mineral, a hydrous silicate of magnesium. Purified it is sold as talcum powder, and it is used as a lubricant, a filler (in paint and rubber) and an ingredient of some ceramics.
- DefinitionA white or pale-green mineralform of magnesium silicate,Mg3Si4O10(OH)2, crystallizing in thetriclinic system. It forms as a secondarymineral by alteration of magnesium-rich olivines, pyroxenes, andamphiboles of ultrabasic rocks. It issoaplike to touch and very soft, havinga hardness of 1 on the Mohs’scale. Massive fine-grained talc isknown as soapstone or steatite. Talcin powdered form is used as a lubricant,as a filler in paper, paints, andrubber, and in cosmetics, ceramics,and French chalk. It occurs chie?y inthe USA, Russia, France, and Japan.
- DefinitionA natural hydrous magnesium silicate. Compact, massive varieties may be called steatite in distinction from the foliated varieties, which are called talc. Soapstone is an impure variety of steatite.
- HazardToxic by inhalation. Effects pulmonary function and causes pulmonary fibrosis. Questionable carcinogen.
- Health HazardThe fibrous talc in soapstone dust causes fibrotic pneumoconiosis; an increased incidence of cancer of the lungs and pleura has been reported.
- Industrial usesSteatites are noted for their excellent electricalproperties and low cost. They are easily formedand fired at relatively low temperatures. However,compositions containing little or no clayor plastic material present fabricating problemsbecause of a narrow firing range. Steatite partsare vacuum-tight, can be readily bonded toother materials, and can be glazed or ground tohigh-quality surfaces.
TALC Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsTalc
- TREMOLITIC TALC SODA TALC 1-Propanamine, 3-(triethoxysilyl)-, reaction products with talc (Mg3H2(SiO3)4) HYDROTALCITE MAGNESIUM SILICATE (TALC) Purified talc TALC POWDERED, PURE PH. EUR.,USP Talc Bp pruified Bp taclum powder Food grade Antimony oxide (Sb2O3), reaction products with talc TALC POWDERED, PURE DAB, PH. EUR. TALC PHARMA GRADE tetrahydroxysilane LICHROSORB(R) RP8 Magnesium oxide TALC Talc respirable dust,Talc fibrous (f/ml),Talc total dust,Talc (Talcum),Talc powder,superfine,Talc, particle size: -200 mesh (<75 μm),TALC(NOTCONTAININGASBESTIFORMFIBRES),TALC,FCC,TALC,POWDER,USP,Talc (Mg3H2(SiO3)4) ,Magnesium silicate monohydrate (Talc),TALC POWDER, DAB, PH. EUR., B. P., PH. F RANC.,TALC POWDER <10 MICRON,TALC, PH EUR,TALC, 325 MESH,TALC -350 MESH,TALC EXTRA FINE POWDER EXTRA PURE PH EUR BP USP,TALC (MAGNESIUM SILICATE ),HAICHEN TALC POWDER NO1 AND NO2,talc(silicaandfibr Magnesium trisilicate
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD
- Company Name:VWR(Shanghai) Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd.