- Melting point:232℃
- Boiling point:908.8±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.60±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- CAS DataBase Reference61276-17-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS LZ5786000
- HS Code 29389090
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: > 5gm/kg
Verbascoside is isolated from Lantana camara, acts as an ATP-competitive inhibitor of PKC, with an IC50 of 25 µM, and has antitumor, anti-inflammatory and antineuropathic pain activity.
- Natural occurrences
Verbascoside can be found in species in all the families of the order Lamiales (syn. Scrophulariales). Only two examples are known from outside the order,in the clade Asterids.
- Mechanism of action
It is known, that amyloid fibrils accumulation in cerebral can easily lead to neurodegenerative disorders. Acteoside has been reported to inhibit Aβ42 aggregation by activating nuclear translocation of the transcription factor NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), increasing heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) expression. It has also been shown that acteoside could decrease nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity and caspase-3 expression.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite solid
- Enzyme inhibitorThis plant glycoside and antioxidant (FW = 624.60 g/mol; CAS 61276-173), also known as verbascoside, inhibits TNFa-mediated apoptosis in LPSstimulated macrophages as well as 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridiniuminduced apoptosis in cerebellar granule neurons. It also inhibits proliferation of human promyelocytic HL-60 leukemia cells by inducing cell cycle arrest at the G0/G1 phase, followed by differentiation into monocytes. Acteoside inhibits PMA-induced invasion and migration of human fibrosarcoma cells by Ca2+-dependent CaMK/ERK and JNK/NFκB-signaling pathways. Acteoside thus shows the potential as antimetastatic agent. Another intriguing finding is that acteoside inhibits amyloid-β aggregation. Target(s): aldose reductase; protein kinase C; integrase, HIV-1; peptidyl-dipeptidase A, or angiotensin-converting enzyme; tyrosinase, or monophenol monooxygenase; 5-lipoxygenase, or arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase.
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-
- Company Name:Suzhou NeuPharma Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Cheng Du Pufeide Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13388174823 028-82610909-
- Company Name:Shanghai Standard Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 (21) 5132-0033-8655/18939960377
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-