ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Pharmaceutical Impurity Reference Standards > Cabergoline
Cabergoline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:102-104°C
- Density 1.156±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Store at +4°C
- solubility DMSO: ≥10mg/mL
- form powder
- optical activity[α]/D 61 to 68°, c = 0.5 in dichloromethane
- CAS DataBase Reference81409-90-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
Cabergoline Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCabergoline is a potent, selective, and long-lasting dopamine D2 receptor agonist launched in 1993 in Belgium as a prolactin inhibitor. A single 1 mg dose of cabergoline effectively prevents puerperal lactation for up to 14 days, remarkably superior to other drugs that require a daily regimen. It has a low rate of rebound breast activity and good tolerability. Cabergoline is also in clinical trials for Parkinson's disease, breast cancer, and hyperprolactinaemia.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Solid
- Originator Kabi Pharmacia (Sweden)
- UsesA dopamine D2-receptor agonist.
- Usesreceptor stimulant
- DefinitionChEBI: An N-acylurea that is (8R)-ergoline-8-carboxamide in which the hydrogen attached to the piperidine nitrogen (position 6) is substituted by an allyl group and the hydrogens attached to the carboxamide nitrogen are substit ted by a 3-(dimethylamino)propyl group and an N-ethylcarbamoyl group. A dopamine D2 receptor agonist, cabergoline is used in the management of Parkinson's disease and of disorders associated with hyperprolactinaemia.
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of 6-(2-propenyl)-8β-carboxy-ergoline and N-(3- dimethylaminopropyl)-N-ethyl carbodiimide in tetrahydrofuran were refluxed, with stirring and under nitrogen, for 24 h. The resultant solution was evaporated in vacuo to dryness and the residue taken up with chloroform and 5% sodium hydroxide solution. The organic phase was separated, dried over anhydrous sodium sulfate and evaporated in vacuo. The residue was chromatographed on silica (eluant chloroform with 1% methanol) to give the title compound N-(3-(dimethylamino)propyl)-N-((ethylamino)carbonyl)-8β- carboxamide-6-(2-propenyl)ergoline.
- brand nameDostinex (Pharmacia & Upjohn).
- Therapeutic FunctionProlactin inhibitor
- General DescriptionCabergoline, (6aR,9R,10aR)-7-allyl-N-(3-(dimethylamino)propyl)-N-(ethylcarbamoyl)-4,6,6a,7,8,9,10,10a-octahydroindolo[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide (Dostinex), is a white powder soluble inalcohol, chloroform, and N,N-dimethylformamide; slightlysoluble in acidic solutions and in n-hexane; and insoluble inwater. Following oral administration, peak plasma concentrationsare reached within 2 to 3 hours. Cabergoline ismoderately bound to plasma proteins in a concentrationindependentmanner. The absolute bioavailability of cabergolineis unknown. Cabergoline is extensively metabolizedby the liver, predominantly via hydrolysis of the acylureabond of the urea moiety. CYP450 metabolism appears to beminimal. The major metabolites identified thus far do not contribute to the therapeutic effect of cabergoline. Lessthan 4% is excreted unchanged in the urine. Fecal excretionrepresents the main route of cabergoline elimination. Thereare no reports of interactions of cabergoline with other antiparkinsonianagents. Clarithromycin may elevate theplasma concentration of cabergoline by the inhibition ofboth CYP3A4 and P-glycoprotein.Cabergoline is a potentD2 receptor agonist and is indicated for the treatment ofhyperprolactinemic disorders, either idiopathic or causedby pituitary adenomas.
- Biological ActivitySelective D 2 -like dopamine receptor agonist (K i values are 0.7, 1.5, 9.0 and 165 nM for D 2 , D 3 , D 4 and D 5 receptors respectively) that also displays high affinity for several serotonin receptor subtypes (K i = 1.2-20.0 nM for 5-HT 1A , 5-HT 1D , 5-HT 2A and 5-HT 2B ). Inhibits secretion of prolactin and growth hormone and reverses levodopa-induced dyskinesias in Parkinsonian monkeys.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsFor dogs, cabergoline may be useful for inducing estrus, treatment
of primary or secondary anestrus, pseudopregnancy, and pregnancy
termination in the second half of pregnancy. Cabergoline may be
useful in treating some cases of pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticism
In cats, cabergoline, with or without a prostaglandin, may be useful for pregnancy termination, particularly earlier in pregnancy. Preliminary work has been done in psittacines (primarily Cockatiels) for adjunctive treatment of reproductive-related disorders, particularly persistent egg laying.
In humans, cabergoline is indicated for the treatment of disorders associated with hyperprolactenemia or the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Cabergoline Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Cabergoline internal Spec N,N-DIMETHYL-3-PIPERIDINECARBOXAMIDE CABERGOLINE-D3 Ergoline, 8-methyl-6-(2-propenyl)-, (8-beta)- 2,6,10-TRIMETHYL-2,6,10-TRIAZAUNDECANE 1H-Indole, 4-(3-piperidinyl)-, (R)- NIPECOTAMIDE PIPERIDINE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID METHYLAMIDE N-ethylpiperidine-3-carboxamide 3,3'-IMINOBIS(N,N-DIMETHYLPROPYLAMINE) ergotamine Propyl gallate Allylbenzene Allyl alcohol Cabergoline Nicergoline Allyl glycidyl ether N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:Shenzhen Enzan Biomedical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13602565027 0755-25325458
- Company Name:Chengdu mingnijitai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15626879035 156-2687-9035
- Company Name:Apino Pharma Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13602565027 0755-23009027-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd