ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Peripheral vasodilators > Nicergoline
Nicergoline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:136-138°
- Boiling point:594.4±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.3558 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6200 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in methylene chloride, soluble in ethanol (96 per cent).
- form neat
- Water Solubility Soluble in alcohol, chloroform, and acetone. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 14,9496
- Language:EnglishProvider:5-Bromonicotinic acid 10-methoxy-1,6-dimethylergoline-8-methyl ester
Nicergoline Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesFine to granular, white or yellowish powder.
- Manufacturing ProcessPreparation of 1-Methyl Lumilysergic Acid 8-Methyl Ester-10-Methyl Ether:
Into a suspension of 10 grams of 1-methyl-lumilysergic acid in 600 cc of
absolute methanol a stream of anhydrous hydrogen chloride is bubbled for 1.5
hours with strong cooling. The stream of hydrogen chloride is stopped and the
mixture is allowed to stand for 30 minutes at 0°C, and is evaporated in vacuo
to dryness. The residue is taken up with ice-cooled water made alkaline with
concentrated ammonia and extracted with chloroform. The combined
chloroform extracts are washed first with a 5% aqueous solution of sodium
bicarbonate, then with water, and are thereafter dried over anhydrous sodium
sulfate and finally evaporated in vacuo to dryness.
Preparation of 1-Methyl Lumilysergol-10-Methyl Ether: To a boiling suspension of 2 grams of lithium aluminum hydride in 50 cc of anhydrous tetrahydrofuran, a solution of 1 gram of 1-methyl lumilysergic acid-8-methyl ester-10-methyl ether in 20 cc of anhydrous tetrahydrofuran is added dropwise and the resulting solution is refluxed for a further 2 hours. After cooling the resulting solution, aqueous tetrahydrofuran is added to destroy the excess reducing agent and the solution is filtered. Tetrahydrofuran is distilled off and the residue is recrystallized from acetone petroleum ether.
Preparation of Nicergoline: To a solution of 1-methyl lumilysergol-10-methyl ether in pyridine, 5-bromonicotinyl chloride is used as an acylating agent at room temperature. The mixture is stirred for 1 hour. Water and methanol are added and the resulting mixture is stirred for 1 hour, extracted with chloroform, and washed in sequence with 1% aqueous caustic soda, 5% aqueous sodium bicarbonate solution, and water. The resulting solution is dried over anhydrous sodium sulfate and the solvent is distilled off. By recrystallization of the residue from acetone petroleum ether, nicergoline is obtained, melting at 136° to 138°C.
- brand nameSermion (Farmitalia, Societa Farmaceutici Italia, Italy).
- Therapeutic FunctionVasodilator
- Biological Activityα -adrenergic, vasodilator. Cognitive enhancer.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion and subcutaneous routes. An experimental teratogen. Other experimental reproductive effects. A vasodilator. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Brand NOx.
- 10-methoxy-6-methylergoline-8beta-methanol (+)-N-METHYLEPHEDRINE (1-METHYL-1H-INDOL-4-YL)METHANOL Nicergoline Methoxydiethylborane p-Anisidine Basic Violet 1 m-Anisyl alcohol Methyl acrylate p-Anisaldehyde Kresoxim-methyl Methylparaben Methyl Methoxyacetic acid Methanol 2-Methoxyethanol Acetonitrile (Trifluoromethoxy)benzene
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13419635609 027-59402396-
- Company Name:Hubei Zhongshan Medical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13397111514 027-61907345-
- Company Name:Shenzhen Topbatt Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-