- WGK Germany 3
STEVIA Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiessweet powder
- UsesStevia is the plant stevia rebaudiana bertoni whose leaves provide ste- viol glycosides, the compounds responsible for the sweet taste of the leaves. it sometimes refers to the sweetener component. see steviol glycosides.
- Agricultural UsesStevia (Stevia rebaudiana) is a perennial, semi-bushy plant
which originated in Paraguay. It is robust in nature and is
tolerant to a range of climatic and soil conditions. For its
growth, the temperature should ideally be between 15°C
and30°C, and the pH range between 6.5 and 7.9. It grows
to a height of around a meter and bears white flowers.
Cultivated stevia needs regular irrigation and fertilization.
The leaves of stevia produce an extract called
stevioside, which contains crystalline diterpens
glycosides. Stevioside is a non-caloric, non-fermentable,
non-discoloring natural sweetener. It is more than 200
times sweeter than sucrose. The leaves are ready for
collection about 4 months after transplanting. The
quantity and quality of stevioside is best just prior to
flowering. In addition, the leaves have been tested to
contain Vitamin C, beta carotine and fiber. Once the
plant matures, the leaves can be plucked every month.
Stevia is prescribed in diets tailored for diabetics and
The plant is best propagated by cuttings which become ready for transplanting in 1% months. Transplantation may be done in mid-May, maintaining row spaces of 50 to 60 cm., thus accommodating around 100,000 plants per hectare. The leaf yields can go up to 3 tons/ha with a stevioside content of about 15%.
Drying, threshing and packaging of stevia leaves render them a long shelf life. The leaves are increasingly used in cooked/baked products, processed foods and beverages. With the US FDA allowing the use of this natural product in the production of processed foods (1995), it is likely that the production and use of this plant will get a boost.
STEVIA Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Xi'an Kono chem co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15891391030 029-84385017-8006
- Company Name:Hubei YuanCheng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Zhanshu Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Hubei Yuancheng Saichuang Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:18062666868/13048470578 QQ2355779403/2355880551
- Company Name:Shanghai Yihe Biological Technology Co., Ltd.