ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Pyran compounds > 5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin
5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:296-299 °C (lit.)
- Boiling point:472.1±14.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.456±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- BRN 179133
- CAS DataBase Reference2107-76-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin (2107-76-8)
5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite metallic powder
- General DescriptionYellow powder. Fluoresces blue. Absorbs ultraviolet light.
- Air & Water ReactionsSlightly water soluble .
- Reactivity Profile5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin is a phenol and lactone. Phenols do not behave as organic alcohols, as one might guess from the presence of a hydroxyl (-OH) group in their structure. Instead, they react as weak organic acids. Phenols and cresols are much weaker as acids than common carboxylic acids (phenol has Ka = 1.3 x 10^[-10]). These materials are incompatible with strong reducing substances such as hydrides, nitrides, alkali metals, and sulfides. Flammable gas (H2) is often generated, and the heat of the reaction may ignite the gas. Heat is also generated by the acid-base reaction between phenols and bases. Such heating may initiate polymerization of the organic compound. Phenols are sulfonated very readily (for example, by concentrated sulfuric acid at room temperature). The reactions generate heat. Phenols are also nitrated very rapidly, even by dilute nitric acid. Lactones react similarly to esters. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin are not available. 5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin is probably combustible.
5,7-Dihydroxy-4-methylcoumarin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Aflatoxin AFLATOXIN B2A ethyl (5,7-dihydroxy-4-methyl-2-oxo-2H-chromen-3-yl)acetate AFLATOXIN B2 AFLATOXIN M2 2,3-Epoxyaflatoxin B1 AFLATOXIN, B1, [3H(G)] 4-Methyl-5,7-dimethoxycoumarin Moxicoumone AFLATOXIN G2 AFLATOXIN G1 Cinnamic acid 6-HYDROXYCOUMARIN 4-HYDROXY MEPHENYTOIN 1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Triclosan Coumarin 120 4-Methylcumarin
- Company Name:Tianjin heowns Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:400 638 7771
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD