ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > aliphatic ketones > 1,3-Dihydroxyacetone
1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:75-80 °C
- Boiling point:107.25°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1385 (rough estimate)
- FEMA 4033 | DIHYDROXYACETONE
- refractive index 1.4540 (estimate)
- storage temp. Refrigerator (+4°C)
- form powder
- color White
- Water Solubility >250 g/L (20 ºC)
- JECFA Number1716
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Hygroscopic.
- CAS DataBase Reference96-26-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Propanone, 1,3-dihydroxy-(96-26-4)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Propanone, 1,3-dihydroxy- (96-26-4)
1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- Chemical PropertiesDihydroxyacetone has a characteristic sweet, cooling aroma.
- OccurrenceA derivative of naturally occurring starch
- Uses1,3-Dihydroxyacetone can be used as artificial tanning agent.
- Uses1,3-Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is a self-tanning agent used in cosmetics designed to provide a tanned appearance without the need for sun exposure. It is also a uV protector and a color additive. As a self-tanning agent, it reacts with amino acids found on the skin’s epidermal layer. Its effects last only a few days as the color it provides fades with the natural shedding of the stained cells. Reportedly, it works best on slightly acidic skin. DHA, when combined with lawsone, becomes an FDA Category I (approved) uV protectant. In 1973, the FDA declared that DHA is safe and suitable for use in cosmetics or drugs that are applied to color the skin, and has exempted it from color additive certification.
- DefinitionChEBI: A ketotriose consisting of acetone bearing hydroxy substituents at positions 1 and 3. The simplest member of the class of ketoses and the parent of the class of glycerones.
- PreparationUsually produced commercially from Bacillus macerans or Bacillus circulans fermentation of starch or starch hydrolysate
- Taste threshold valuesReported to have a taste threshold value lower than that of sucrose with a detection level of 3.9 to 27 ppm and a recognition level of 11 to 52 ppm.
- Safety ProfileMutation data reported. When heated to decompositionit emits acrid smoke and irritating vapors.
1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Prednisone CORTISONE Prednisolone Diethyl ketomalonate Furaneol Hydrocortisone Fluocinolone acetonide Triamcinolone Methylprednisolone Cortisone acetate Triclosan Solvent Red 43 Hydroxyacetone 3'-Hydroxypropiophenone Citric acid monohydrate Butylated Hydroxytoluene 1-Hydroxyethylidene-1,1-diphosphonic acid Diacetone Alcohol
- Company Name:Yichang Zhongyitai Trading Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13886658719 0717-6449896
- Company Name:Shanghai Qiao Chemical Science Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Wuxi Jingyao Bio-Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Changxing Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13362221629 0572-6236833-
- Company Name:Jiangsu Aikon Biopharmaceutical R&D co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17798518460 025-66099280-