ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Diagnostic agents > Organ Function Test agent > Fluorescein Sodium
Fluorescein Sodium Chemical Properties
- Melting point:320 °C
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility H2O: soluble1mg/mL
- Colour Index 45350
- pka2.2, 4.4, 6.7(at 25℃)
- form Powder
- color Rust-orange
- PH RangePink uorescence (4.0) to green uorescence (6.0)
- PH8.3 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 500 g/L (20 ºC)
- λmax491nm, 493.5nm, 490nm
- Merck 14,4159
- BRN 3833041
- Major ApplicationNanolithography, nanoparticles, thin films, fuel cells, inks, laser, colored bubbles, cleansing products, identifying leaks in coolant, suntanning agent, hair dyes, cosmetics, dermatology, dental material, diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy, antitumor agent
- CAS DataBase Reference518-47-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemFluorescein, disodium salt (518-47-8)
Fluorescein Sodium Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOrange-red powder; odorless. Hygroscopic, soluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol.
- UsesA sodium salt of fluorescein
- UsesIn examining subterranean waters. Serves to ascertain source of springs, connections between streams and sea, determining approx vol of water delivered by a spring, detecting source of contamination of drinking water, infiltration of soil with waste waters of factories. In externally applied drugs and cosmetics. Analytical reagent (protein label). Clinical reagent (immuno-histological stain, immuno-fluorescent label).
- General DescriptionOrange-red to dark red powder. Water-soluble form of fluorescein. Odorless and almost tasteless. pH (5% solution) 7.8. May be sensitive to prolonged exposure to light and to heat.
- Air & Water ReactionsHygroscopic. Water soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileFluorescein disodium salt is incompatible with strong oxidizers. Also incompatible with acids, acid salts and salts of heavy metals .
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Fluorescein disodium salt are not available; however, Fluorescein disodium salt is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Mildly toxic by ingestion. Human systemic effects by intravenous route: arrhythmias, eye hemorrhage, nausea or vomiting. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Na2O.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsFluorescein sodium is a yellow water-soluble dye that fluoresces
under a Wood’s Lamp, but is plainly visible after binding to corneal
stroma through an ophthalmic examination light source. It is
used most commonly to delineate full thickness loss of corneal epithelium
indicating the presence of a corneal ulceration. In this instance
it will stain the corneal stroma. The epithelium is not stained
because its outer lipid cell membrane repels the stain. Descemet’s
membrane will not stain with fluorescein stain and this is used to
indicate descemetocele formation, an ocular emergency.
Fluorescein stain is applied to the precorneal tear film in dogs and cats and the break-up of this stain with time, as observed through a slit lamp biomicroscope using a cobalt blue light source, is used to determine the tear film break-up time (normal 19 seconds), an indicator of tear film quality.
Fluorescein stain is applied to the tear film of dogs to determine patency of the nasolacrimal outflow system. The normal wait time is 2 – 5 minutes in dogs and up to 10 minutes in cats. A positive test indicates patency of the system. A negative test is not indicative of disease as the test is negative in a large percentage of normal animals. Fluorescein stain, then, can be added to irrigating solution to flush the nasolacrimal system, making detecting the irrigation solution at the nose more obvious during flushing of the system.
- Properties and Applicationsbrilliant yellow. Soluble in water and ethanol (with strong green fluorescent), water-soluble good. In strong sulfuric acid with weak for fluorescence yellow, it will be diluted with yellow precipitation. Its water solution and sodium hydroxide with dark green fluorescence for brunet solution. Mainly used for sea of target that fluorescent, facilitate aerial reconnaissance search. And can use significantly for the exploration of fluorescent groundwater. Can also be used for medicine and cosmetics shading, rarely used for silk printing and dyeing things.
- OG488 DHPE MONOBROMOBIMANE FLUORESCEIN-5-MALEIMIDE Fluorescein dicaprylate [Fluorescein dioctanoate] FDG LUCIFERASE Dibenzocyclooctyne-Cy5 Fluorescein dicaprylate WS1 Forte Blue DHPE WSP-1 FLUORESCEIN DHPE TRITC-DHPE SULFORHODAMINE 101 DHPE FLUORESCEIN DIACETATE PHOTOBIOTIN ACETATE Solvent Green 5 Fluorescent Brightener 378 2,2'-(1,2-Ethenediyldi-4,1-phenylene)bisbenzoxazole
- Company Name:Shenyang Shengda Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shenyang Xianchuang Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13840269002 024-23769576-
- Company Name:Hubei zhonglong Kangsheng Fine Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18162590268 027-83850178-
- Company Name:Shenyang Sinoda Biological Technology Co., LTD Gold
- Tel:18002429090 024-31174117-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-