EOSIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>300°C
- Density 1.02 g/mL at 20 °C
- Flash point:11 °C
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: 0.1 g/mL, dark red
- Colour Index 45380
- pka2.9, 4.5(at 25℃)
- form Solid
- color Reddish
- PH9.2 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- PH Range0(yellow)-3(green fluoresc.)
- Water Solubility freely soluble
- Merck 14,3603
- BRN 3586809
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsTreating age-related macular degeneration,burns,cancer,diabetes,obesity,dental bone defects,gastroesophageal reflux disease,prostate cancer,viral diseases; stents; wound-healing materials
- Major ApplicationPhotovoltaic devices, color filter, nanoscale host material, detection of latent fingerprints, inks, detergents, hair dyes, cosmetics, implantable drug delivery devices, stents, diagnosis of breast lesions, labeling nucleic acids, detecting proteins, stress biomarkers, phosphoprotein, breast cancer metastases, antimicrobial agent, treatment of burns, endodontic, diabetes, obesity, cancer, radiochemotherapy, DNA sequencing, gene expression profiling, wound healing promoters
- CAS DataBase Reference17372-87-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEosin Yellowish (YS) (17372-87-1)
EOSIN Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesbrownish-red powder
- UsesEosin is most often used as a counterstain to haematoxylin in H&E (haematoxylin and eosin) staining. H&E staining is one of the most commonly used techniques in histology.
- UsesAnti Septic
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic sodium salt that is 2',4',5',7'-tetrabromofluorescein in which the carboxy group and the phenolic hydroxy group have been deprotonated and the resulting charge is neutralised by two sodium ions.
- Preparationcountries called red. Fluorescent element (C.I. Acid Yellow 73, C.I. 45350) in water or ethanol solution bromine into four bromine derivatives, and then into sodium salt.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Brand NazO. See also BROMIDES.
- Properties and Applicationsyellow peach. Orange powder, soluble in water and ethanol with fluorescent blue light is yellowish red solution. Meet strong sulfuric acid yellow, it will be diluted yellow light red precipitate generated. Dyeing copper ions in the blue colour and lustre; Iron ion colour and lustre in the dark blue. Discharge the gender is good. Mainly used in red ink and red pencils, only comfortable carpet dyeing. After refining can be used as medicine and cosmetics of coloring. Can also be used in leather dyeing. The aluminum salt can be used as organic pigments.
Standard Light Fastness Soaping Persperation Fastness Oxygen bleaching Fastness to seawater Fading Stain Fading Stain Fading Stain ISO 2 3 3 2 1 2 2 2 AATCC 1 2 2 3 1 1 3 3
- Purification MethodsDissolve it in the minimum volume of H2O (1g/mL), filter and add EtOH until separation of salt is complete. Filter the solid off, wash it with absolute EtOH, then Et2O and dry it first in air, then at 100o. It is used for staining blood cells and for estimating traces of Ag. [Selsted & Becker Anal Biochem 155 270 1986, El-Ghamry & Frei Anal Chem 40 1986 1968.] [Beilstein 19 III/IV 2917.] [See above]
- SULFORHODAMINE G Acid Orange 7 Acid Blue 90 Basic red 22 (C.I. 11055),C.I. BASIC RED 22 SOLVENT RED 22 RED 22 LAKE Hydroxy silicone oil 249 ACID RED 249 Nitrofurantoin Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Fluorescein isothiocyanate (3-THIOPHEN-2-YLMETHYL-5-THIOXO-1,5-DIHYDRO-[1,2,4]TRIAZOL-4-YL)-ACETIC ACID SULFORHODAMINE B Carbofuran Sodium Monofluorophosphate Furazolidone Ascoric Acid Tetrachlorofluorescein
- Company Name:Shanghai Uteam Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shenyang Shengda Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Kaiyuan city Shenxin fine chemical co., ltd. Gold
- Tel:18698863499 024-22595298-
- Company Name:Shenyang yimoke chemical products co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Ruili Spectrum Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:19512241822 021-64705760-