Iopanoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:153 °C
- Boiling point:529.1±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 2.2567 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- pka4.8(at 25℃)
- form neat
- Water Solubility 348.3mg/L(37 ºC)
- Merck 14,5058
- CAS DataBase Reference96-83-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzenepropanoic acid, 3-amino-.alpha.-ethyl-2,4,6-triiodo- (96-83-3)
- Language:EnglishProvider:2-Ethyl-3-(3-amino-2,4,6-triiodophenyl)propionic acid
Iopanoic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLight Brown Solid
- UsesIodopanoic Acid is an iodine-containing radiocontrast medium used in cholecystography. Iodopanoic Acid is a potent inhibitor of thyroid hormone release from thyroid gland.
- Manufacturing Process(A) Preparation of α-Ethyl-m-Nitrocinnamic Acid: This acid is prepared from
100 g of m-nitrobenzaldehyde, 210 g of butyric anhydride and 73 g of sodium
butyrate. The crude α-ethyl-m-nitrocinnamicacid is crystallized from ethanol
giving about 105 g, MP 140° to 142°C. From the filtrates there may be
isolated a small amount of a stereoisomer, which when pure melts at 105° to
(B) Preparation of m-Amino-α-Ethylhydrocinnamic Acid: A mixture of 50 g of α-ethyl-m-nitrocinnamic acid, 9.1 g of sodium hydroxide, 600 cc of water and 5 teaspoons of Raney nickel catalyst is shaken at 32°C in an atmosphere ofhydrogen at an initial pressure of 450 psi until the calculated amount of hydrogen is absorbed. The filtered solution is acidified with hydrochloric acid, made basic with ammonium hydroxide and again acidified with acetic acid. Upon concentration of this solution, an oil separates which crystallizes upon standing, giving about 20 g, MP 60° to 68°C. Complete evaporation of the filtrate and extraction of the residue of inorganic salts with ether gives about 20 g of additional material, MP 54° to 59°C. Recrystallization of the combined product from benzene petroleum ether gives about 35 g of m-amino-α- ethylhydrocinnamic acid, MP 67° to 70°C.
(C) Preparation of β-(3-Amino-2,4,6-Triiodophenyll-α-Ethylpropionic Acid: A solution of 5.0 g of m-amino-α-ethylhydrocinnamic acid in 100 cc of water containing 5 cc of concentrated hydrochloric acid is added over a period of ? hour to a stirred solution of 3.2 cc of iodine monochloride in 25 cc of water and 25 cc of concentrated hydrochloric acid heated to 60°C. After addition is complete, the heating is continued for one hour longer at 60° to 70°C. A black oil separates which gradually solidifies.
The mixture is then cooled and sodium bisulfite added to decolorize. Recrystallization of the product from methanol gives about 8 g, MP 147° to 150°C. The β-(3-amino-2,4,6-triiodophenyl)-α-ethylpropionic acid may be purified further by precipitation of the morpholine salt from ether solution and regeneration of the free amino acid by treatment of a methanol solution of the morpholine salt with sulfur dioxide. The pure amino acid has the MP 155° to 156.5°C.
- Therapeutic FunctionDiagnostic aid (radiopaque medium)
Iopanoic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- meglucamine adipiodone PYRIDINE-2-CARBOXALDOXIME METHIODIDE Pheniodol Ioversol Iotrolan iopanoic acid sodium salt 4-Iodoanisole Iolidonic acid TYROPANOATE SODIUM RCK-136 2-[3-(butyrylamino)-2,4,6-triiodobenzyl]butyric acid Iopanoic acid (2-Methoxyethyl)benzene Phenethylboronic acid 1-Bromo-4-iodobenzene (Diacetoxyiodo)benzene Nandrolone phenylpropionate phosphoric acid
Iopanoic acid SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-