ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance > Acid-base balance regulating drugs > Tris Base
Tris Base Chemical Properties
- Melting point:167-172 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:219-220 °C10 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1,353 g/cm3
- vapor pressure 0.0267 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index 1.4170 (estimate)
- Flash point:219-220°C/10mm
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 4 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form crystalline
- color white
- PH10.5-12.0(4 m in water, 25 °C)
- PH Range7 - 9
- pka8.1(at 25℃)
- Water Solubility 550 g/L (25 ºC)
- λmaxλ: 260 nm Amax: 0.10
λ: 280 nm Amax: 0.08
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,9772
- BRN 741883
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with bases, strong oxidizing agents. Protect from moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference77-86-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,3-Propanediol, 2-amino-2-(hydroxymethyl)-(77-86-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane (77-86-1)
Tris Base Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystal or powder. Melting point 171-172℃, boiling point 219-220℃/1.3kPa, soluble in ethanol and water, slightly soluble in ethyl acetate, benzene, insoluble in ether, carbon tetrachloride,copper,aluminum corrosion effects,irritant.
- Uses of BiologyTris base, also known as THAM, is widely used as a biological buffer or as a component of buffer formulations such as TAE and TBE buffers. Tris has a pKa of 8.06 and is very useful in the biology and biochemistry lab because it has buffering capabilities in the range of the typical physiological pH of most living organisms (pH 7.0-9.0). Tris has been reported to interfere with the activity of a number of enzymes, it should therefore be used carefully when studying proteins.
- Uses1, Tris buffer, only nucleic acids and proteins are widely used as solvents.
2, Tris is used for protein crystal growth under different pH conditions.
3, Tris buffer having a low ionic strength can be used nematode (C. elegans) is formed lamin (lamin) intermediate fibers.
4, Tris is a major component of protein electrophoresis buffer.
5, Tris for the preparation of a surfactant, a vulcanization accelerator, and some drug intermediates.
6, Tris titrated also used as standard.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite, crystalline solid. PH (0.1M aqueous solution) 10.6, corrosive to copper, brass, aluminum. Solubility in water 80 g/100 cc (20C). Combustible.
- Usestromethamine can help mask odor in a formulation. It is also used as a buffer, keeping product pH stable.
- UsesIn the synthesis of surface-active agents, vulcanization accelerators, pharmaceuticals. As emulsifying agent for cosmetic creams and lotions, mineral oil and paraffin wax emulsions, leather dressings, textile specialties, polishes, cleaning Compounds, so-called soluble oils. Absorbent for acidic gases. Biological buffer.
- Manufacturing ProcessNitromethane is reacted with formaldehyde to give tris(hydroxymethyl)nitromethane in an initial step. This intermediate may be reduced by catalytic hydrogenation (US Patent 2,174,242) or by electrolytic reduction (US Patent 2,485,982).
- brand nameTham (Hospira).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntacid
- Biological ActivityCommonly used laboratory reagent
- Purification MethodsTRIS can ordinarily be obtained in highly pure form suitable for use as an acidimetric standard. If only impure material is available, it should be crystallised from 20% EtOH, aqueous MeOH (m 171.1o) or isopropanol (m 172-173o). Dry it in a vacuum desiccator over P2O5 or CaCl2. Alternatively, it is dissolved in twice its weight of water at 55-60o, filtered, concentrated to half its volume and poured slowly, with stirring, into about twice its volume of EtOH. The crystals which separate on cooling to 3-4o are filtered off, washed with a little MeOH, air dried by suction, then finally ground and dried in a vacuum desiccator over P2O5. It has also been recrystallised from water, MeOH or aqueous MeOH, and vacuum dried at 80o for 2 days. [Beilstein 4 H 303, 4 III 857, 4 IV 1903.]
Tris Base Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Trimethylolpropane TRIS hydrochloride N,N-Dimethyl-1,4-phenylenediamine ALTRENOGEST Lithium bis(trimethylsilyl)amide 4,4'-Methylenedianiline Tris(hydroxymethyl)nitromethane Tris Base TROMETAMOL HYDROCHLORIDE Betaine Glycine 2-METHYL-1,3-PROPANEDIOL 1,1,1-Tris(hydroxymethyl)ethane 1,3-Propanediol methylol cellulose 2,2-Bis(hydroxymethyl)-2,2',2''-nitrilotriethanol 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate 3-Amino-1,2-propanediol
- Company Name:Hubei New Desheng Materials Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shangqiu tengfei biotechnology co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Jizhi Biochemical Technology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18017137653 400-900-4166
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801