ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Others > Gibberellic acid
Gibberellic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:227 °C
- alpha 82.5 º (c=10, ethanol)
- Boiling point:401.12°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.34 g/cm3 (20℃)
- refractive index 81 ° (C=2, MeOH)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility 5g/l
- form Powder
- pka4.0(at 25℃)
- color White to pale yellow
- optical activity[α]20/D +80±3°, c = 1% in methanol
- Water Solubility 5 g/L (20 º C)
- Merck 14,4419
- BRN 54346
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with acids, strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference77-06-5
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceGibberellic acid(77-06-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemGibberellic acid (77-06-5)
- Language:EnglishProvider:2,4a,7-Trihydroxy-1-methyl-8-methylenegibb-3-ene-1,10-dicarboxylic acid 1,4a-lactone
Gibberellic acid Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGibberellic acid (GA) is a tetracyclic di-terpenoid compound. It is one of the major hormones that can be synthesized in plants and fungi. It has various kinds of physiological effects including stimulating seed germination, inducing mitotic division of the leaves, triggering transitions from meristem to shoot growth, vegetative to flowering, determining sex expression and grain development through crosstalk with many environmental signals such as light, temperature and water. In lab and greenhouse, it can be used to trigger germination of seeds which has previously remained dormant. It can also used to induce the production of larger amount and bigger grapes, boosting the grape industry. In industry, GA can be produced from Solid-state Fermentation (SSF) which can have relatively high yield.
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesGibberellic Acid is a a pentacyclic diterpene acid. Gibberellic Acid is a hormone that is found in plants which promotes the growth and elongation of cells. Gibberellic acid acts as a plant growth reg ulator on account of its physiological and morphological effects in extremely low concentrations. Generally Gibberellic acid affects only the plant parts above the soil surface.
- DefinitionChEBI: A C19-gibberellin that is a pentacyclic diterpenoid responsible for promoting growth and elongation of cells in plants.
- General DescriptionWhite powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsSlightly water soluble .
- Reactivity ProfileGibberellic acid is readily degraded by acids. .
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Gibberellic acid are not available. Gibberellic acid is probably combustible.
- Agricultural UsesPlant growth hormone, Plant regulator: Gibberellic acids (Gibberellins) are naturally occurring plant hormones that are used as plant growth regulators to stimulate both cell division and elongation that affects leaves and stems. Applications of this hormone also hastens plant maturation and seed germination. Delayed harvesting of fruits, allowing them to grow larger. Gibberellic acids are applied to growing field crops, small fruits, grapes, vines and tree fruit, and ornamentals, shrubs and vines.
- Agricultural UsesGibberellic acid is an organic acid used as a plant growth hormone. It is formed by the fungus Gibberellafujikuroi in aerated submerged culture.
- Agricultural UsesGibberellin is a growth promoting substance found widely in plants. It was first isolated from the fungus Gibberella. Gibberellin increases the rate of photosynthesis and helps in the elongation of cells. It promotes the flowering and germination of plants. With a general formula of Cl9H22O6, gibberellins are also produced by Azotobacter, Azospirillum, etc.
- Trade nameACTIVOL®; BERELEX®; BRELLIN®; BOLL-SET®; CEKUGIB®; CROP BOOSTER®; CYTOPLEX HMS®, DYNOGEN®; FALGRO®; FLORALTONE® (with 2,3,5-triiodobenzoic acid); FLORGIB®; FOLI-ZYME®; GIBBEX®; GIBBERELLIN A 3 ®; GIBBERELLIN X®; GIBBREL®; GIBGRO®; GIB-SOL®; GIB-TABS®; GIBRESCOL®; GROCEL®; KALGIBB®; MAXON®; N-LARGE®; NOVAGIB®; PGR-IV®; PRO-GIBB®; REGULEX®; RELEASE®; RELAX®; RYZUP®; STIMULATE®; VIGOR®
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by ingestion. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. hlutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Purification MethodsIt crystallises from EtOAc, EtOAc/pet ether, MeOH/pet ether or Me2CO/pet ether. [Cross J Chem Soc 3022 1960, Beilstein 18 III/IV 6533.]
Gibberellic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Abscisic acid AZINPHOS-METHYL METHYLCYCLOPENTADIENE DIMER METSULFURON METHYL ETHYL 10-UNDECENOATE delta-Nonalactone 2-BUTYL-3-PROPYLHEXANOICACID OXACYCLOTRIDECAN-2-ONE GIBBERELLIC ACID POTASSIUM SALT,GIBBERELLIN A3 (R)-(-)-4-METHYLGLUTARIC ACID 1-MONOMETHYL ESTER hexyl pivalate Methylparaben Allyl methacrylate Gibberellic acid Kresoxim-methyl phosphoric acid Methyl salicylate Methanol
- Company Name:Bailing Agrochemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Raw material medicin reagent co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464