ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Pyran compounds > 7,8-Dihydroxycoumarin
7,8-Dihydroxycoumarin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:265-268°C (dec.)
- Boiling point:270.35°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.3431 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4500 (estimate)
- storage temp. room temp
- form solid
- Merck 14,2817
- CAS DataBase Reference486-35-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
7,8-Dihydroxycoumarin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDaphnetin, mainly extracted from Yu Ruixiang Changbai Daphne (Daphne Korean Nakai), Daphne giraldii Nitsche bark, and root bark, is the main efficacy component of the plants D.tangutica Maxim and D.retttsa Hemsl. Changbai daphnes has the pharmacological effects of warming the spleen and stomach, relaxing the muscles and joints, and promoting circulation. In TCM, it’s commonly used as medicines for treatment of injuries. Because Changbai daphne is a pungent and warm natured herbal medicine, it was used to warm the spleen and stomach by dispelling cold.
- Physical propertiesAppearance: white or off-white powder, odorless, and tasteless; Solubility: slightly soluble in methanol (equilibrium solubility of 485.4? μg/mL), slightly soluble in ethanol (equilibrium solubility of 230.06?μg/mL), and insoluble in water (equilibrium solubility of 176.7?μg/mL) ; Melting point: 262–264?°C.
- HistoryChangbai daphne, a Chinese traditional medicine in clinic, is mainly used for treatment of coronary heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, thromboangiitis obliterans, etc. Changbai daphne belongs to the first-class protective plants in Jilin province in China, and the rarity restricted the drug development. Scientists tried to find the effective components of Changbai daphne. In 1977, scientists of phytochemistry research group in the Traditional Chinese Medicine research laboratory from Jilin institute of Chinese medicine first successfully isolated the crystalline monomer?– daphnetin?– from the plant. Pharmacological results show that the pharmacological activities of this crystal are equal to Changbai daphne, which suggested the crystal is the main active ingredient . Through the condensation reaction experiment using equimolecular pyrogallic acid, malic acid, and twice the amount of sulfuric acid, under heating reaction, scientists successfully got pale yellow needle daphnetin crystals. From then on artificially synthesized daphnetin has been successfully implemented . A large-scale industrial production can be acquired. The followup researches on the metabolism and pharmacological activity of daphnetin were carried out. In 2009, the State Food and Drug Administration of China approved daphnetin capsule to be used in the clinical.
- IndicationsThis product is contained in national standards for chemical drugs, mainly used in Buerger’s disease, occlusive vascular disease, and coronary heart disease.
- PharmacologyDaphnetin pharmacological effect mainly includes: 1. Improvement of the cardiovascular system function； 2. Effects on the central nervous system.
Daphnetin also acts on the NF-k B and NFAT signal pathway and results in immune inhibition; it is also used for the treatment of malaria parasite and Pneumocystis carinii infection by chelating to Fe2 + or by acting on ribonucleotide reductase; daphnetin shows bacteriostatic effects on gold grapes, Escherichia coli, Shigella’s blessing, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa by inhibiting succinic acid oxidase in mitochondria in bacteria; daphnetin reduces the incidences of diarrhea in model mice by inhibiting mice gastrointestinal propulsive movement and has a stronger toxic effect on several important aphids .
Plasma protein binding of Daphetin is low. The urinary excretion is higher. The distribution volume is relatively larger. Both of metabolism and excretion are rapid. Drug elimination is mainly through the kidney with a half-life of only 15 min. The tissue distributions after intravenous injection and oral administration are equal. Daphnetin may distribute in the brain through the blood-brain barrier. The metabolites have poor stability and low oral bioavailability. People have studied the metabolic pathways and metabolic product. Daphnetin may be the substrates of MRP2 and BCRP transporters, and thus intestinal absorption is affected; in the plasma of rats, the main metabolite are 7-O and 8-O glucoside substitution products which are mediated by UT1A6 and UT1A9. The anti-inflammatory activity of the metabolites is dependent on daphnetin-7-methyl ether.
- Clinical UseIt has been verified by a large number of clinical cases that oral daphnetin capsule
can significantly improve thromboangiitis obliterans; oral daphnetin has a better
curative effect than intramuscular injection of Changbai daphne in patients with
angina pectoris due to coronary heart disease. Daphnetin shows an obvious analgesic sedative effect on surgical and nonsurgical pain-relieved patients after intravenous drip or injection of daphnetin; oral daphnetin capsule shows significant
therapeutic effects on rheumatoid arthritis.
There are no reports about serious adverse reactions. Two cases of whole-body red itch were reported. It sometimes has mild gastrointestinal reaction when continuously used.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it from aqueous EtOH. It can be sublimed. [Beilstein 18/3 V 202.].
- 3,8-Dihydroxycoumarin 3,7-Dihydroxycoumarin 4,5-Dihydroxycoumarin 3-(ALPHA-ACETONYLBENZYL)-4,7-DIHYDROXYCOUMARIN 4,7-DIHYDROXYCOUMARIN 3,6-Dihydroxycoumarin 4-(Chloromethyl)-7,8-dihydroxycoumarin DAPHNETIN-7-METHYL ETHER,DAPHNETIN METHYL ETHER Daphnetin-8-methyl ether 6,7-DIHYDROXYCOUMARIN, S. ESCULETIN 4-(Phenyl)-5,7-dihydroxycoumarin,4-Phenyl-5,7-dihydroxycoumarin 4-(4-Hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-5,7-dihydroxycoumarin 6-HYDROXYCOUMARIN 1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Triclosan 4-Hydroxycoumarin DAPHNORETIN DICUMAROL
- Company Name:Jiangsu Yongjian Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17701422015 0523-80183626-
- Company Name:Shanghai jingkang bioengineering co., ltd. Gold
- Company Name:ChengDu YiRui Bio-Technology CO., LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing),Inc.
- Tel:400-025-5188 400-025-5188