ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Insecticides > Pyrethroid insecticides > Cyhalothrin
Cyhalothrin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:49.2°C
- Boiling point:187-190°C
- Density 1.3225 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 13,2787
- CAS DataBase Reference91465-08-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference«LAMBDA»-cyhalothrin(91465-08-6)
- EPA Substance Registry System.lambda.-Cyhalothrin (91465-08-6)
Cyhalothrin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCyhalothrin is a broad-spectrum pesticide and acaricide that is used to control a wide range of pests in a variety of applications. It belongs to the pyrethroid, a class of synthetic insecticides which has the similar structure and insecticidal activity of the naturally occurring insecticide pyrethrum, derived from the flowers of chrysanthemums. It is commercially used for controlling insects on non-food crops, greenhouses, hospitals, and crops, such as cotton, cereals, hops, ornamentals, potatoes, vegetables, etc. and it targets various kinds of pests, including aphids, Colorado beetles and butterfly larvae. Besides, it is effective to used in public health applications to control insects identified as potential disease vectors, such as cockroaches, mosquitoes, ticks, and flies.
Registered with the EPA in 1988, Cyhalothrin is often preferred as an active ingredient in insecticides because it is proved to be mostly insoluble in water, which is an unlikely water contaminant. It is also nonvolatile, which makes it remain effective for extended periods of time.
- Chemical Propertiesolorless to beige powder; or viscous yellowish-brown liquid. Mild odor. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable.
- UsesInsecticide; pyrethrin analog
- Agricultural UsesInsecticide; acaridide: A U.S. EPA restricted Use Pesticide (RUP). Only cyhalothrin is banned for use in EU; not lamda-isomer; CAS 68085-85-8). Used to control a variety of pests in many crops. Also used in structural pest situations..
- Trade nameCHARGE®; COMMODORE®; DEMAND®; DEMAND CS®; DOUBLE BARREL®; EXCALIBER®; GRENADE®; HALLMARK®; ICON®; IMPASSE®; KARATE®; MATADOR®; NINJA®; PP321®; RATE®; SABER®; SAMURAI®; SCIMITAR®; SENTINEL®; WARRIOR®
- Potential ExposurePyrethroid insecticide and acaridide used to control a variety of pests in many crops. Also used in structural pest situations. A United States Environmental Protection Agency Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP). Only cyhalothrin is banned for use in EU; not the lamda-isomer (CAS 68085-85-8).
- Metabolic pathwayThe solution and solid-phase photodecomposition of cyhalothrin involves E/Z and cis/trans isomerization reactions and frees radical processes leading to decarboxylation, ester cleavage, proton abstraction, oxygen scavenging, and reactions with solvent- generated radicals. The major degradation products are decarboxylated analogs which are also isomerized at the cyclopropyl and vinyl groups. In vitro incubation of 14C-cyhalothrin with honey bee mid-guts yields the principal metabolite identified as 4-hydroxy-3-phenoxybenzyl alcohol with a small amount of 3-phenoxybenzoic acid. In vivo metabolism with honey bees shows the major metabolites 4'-hydroxy-and 2'-hydroxy-3-phenoxybenzyl alcohols and 4'-hydroxy-3-phenoxybenzoic acid. Prochloraz delays the metabolism, detoxication, and excretion of cyhalothrin by inhibition of microsomal oxidation, effectively enhancing the toxicity to the honey bee.
- ShippingUN3349 Pyrethroid pesticide, solid toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous material. UN3082 Environmentally hazardous substances, liquid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.br UN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesMay react violently with strong oxidi- zers, bromine, 90% hydrogen peroxide, phosphorus trichloride, silver powders, or dust. Incompatible with silver compounds. Mixture with some silver compounds forms explosive salts of silver oxalate. Hydrolyzed by water
- Waste DisposalIncineration would be an effective disposal procedure where permitted. If an efficient incinerator is not available, the product should be mixed with large amounts of combustible material and contact with the smoke should be avoided. In accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers.
Cyhalothrin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidEthyl acetateN,N-DimethylformamideThionyl chloridetert-ButanolPOTASSIUM CYANIDESULFUROUS ACID3-Phenoxy-benzaldehyde3-Phenoxybenzyl alcoholTrifluoropropeneTRICHLOROTRIFLUOROETHANE7-Chloro-1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxoquinoline-3-carboxylic acid
- CYCLOPROPANE Cyhalothrin Chloroacetic acid Methylene dithiocyanate Cypermethrin FLUCYTHRINATE Diethoxydimethylsilane Cyfluthrin LAMBDA PHAGE DNA (S)-3-METHOXYMANDELONITRILE (S)-(-)-2-METHOXYPROPIONITRILE (S)-Hydroxyphenylacetonitrile Mandelonitrile (S)-3-HYDROXYMANDELONITRILE GAMMA-CYHALOTHRIN Z-(1R,S)-cis-2,2-dimethyl-3-(2,2-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoro-1-propenyl)cyclopropanecarboxylic acid (S)-3-PHENOXYBENZALDEHYDE CYANOHYDRIN Dimethyldimethoxysilane
- Company Name:Guangdong wengjiang Chemical Reagent Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky (shanghai) International Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.