ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Insecticides > Pyrethroid insecticides > Cypermethrin
Cypermethrin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:60-80°C
- Boiling point:170-195°C
- Density 1.12
- vapor pressure 2.5×10-7 Pa (20 °C)
- refractive index n20/D 1.57
- Flash point:100 °C
- storage temp. −20°C
- form Viscous Liquid
- color Brown
- Specific Gravity1.23 (20℃)
- Water Solubility insoluble
- BRN 8444118
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with bases, strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBeta Cypermethrin (52315-07-8)
- Hazard Codes Xn,N,F
- Risk Statements 20/22-37-50/53-43-37/38-22-36-20/21/22-11-52/53
- Safety Statements 24-36/37/39-60-61-2-36-26-16-36/37
- RIDADR UN 2810 6.1/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS GZ1250000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29269090
- Hazardous Substances Data52315-07-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 in 8 day old rats, adult male rats (mg/kg): 14.9, 250.0 orally (Cantalamessa)
Cypermethrin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid derivative of natural pyrethrins with a good insecticidal action. In vertebrates and invertebrates, cypermethrin acts mainly on the nervous system. It is both a stomach poison and a contact insecticide. Cypermethrin is used as an insecticide in large-scale commercial agricultural applications as well as in consumer products for domestic purposes. Cypermethrin is used to control pests in soybean, leeks, onions, carrots, turnips, swedes, parsnips, viola spp., spinach, black currant, gooseberries, sunflowers, linseeds, groundnuts, barley, and mushrooms.
- References DeeAn Jones, Environmental Fate of Cypermethrin  http://www.inchem.org  http://npic.orst.edu
- Chemical PropertiesViscous Semisolid
- Chemical PropertiesThick, yellow-brown liquid or semisolid mass (technical product).
- UsesZeta-cypermethrin is used for the control of Lepidoptera, beetles and aphids in cotton, fruit, vegetables, field crops, ornamentals and forestry. It is also used in public health.
- UsesA potent inhibitor of calcineurin
- UsesSynthetic pyrethroid insecticide, usually exists as a mixture of cis and trans isomers. Ectoparasiticide
- DefinitionChEBI: A carboxylic ester resulting from the formal condensation between 3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylic acid and the alcoholic hydroxy group of hydroxy(3-phenoxyphenyl)acetonitrile.
- Agricultural UsesInsecticide: A U.S. EPA restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) used to control a variety of insects on cotton, fruit and vegetable crops. Also used in commercial and residential settings, ships, laboratories and food processing plants.
- Trade nameAMMO®; AGROTHRIN®; ARDAP®; ARRIVO®; AVICADE®; BARRICADE®; CCN52®; CNN 52®; CYMBUSH® 2E; CYMBUSH® 3E; CYMPERATOR®; CYNOFF®; CYPERCARE®; CYPERSECT®; CYPERKILL®; CYRUX®; DEMON®; DORSAN-C® (+cypermethrin); DYSECT®; FASTAC®; FLECTRON®; FMC® 30980; FMC 45497; FMC® 45806; FOLCORD®; IMPERATOR®; JF 5705 F®; KAFIL® SUPER; KENCIS®; NAGATA®; NRDC 149®; NRDC 160®; NRDC 166®; NURELLE; POLYTRIN®; PERMASECT C®; PP383®; PREVAIL®; RALO 10®; RIPCORD®; ROCYPER®; RYCOPEL®; SHERPA®; SIPERIN®; STOCKADE®; SUPERSECT®; TOPCLIPPARASOL®; USTAAD®; WL 43467®; WRDC149®
- Biological ActivityType II synthetic pyrethroid insecticide; an extremely potent, cell-permeable inhibitor of calcineurin.
- Contact allergensPyrethroids, also called pyrethrinoids, are neurotoxic synthetic compounds used as insecticides, with irritant properties. Cypermethrin and fenvalerate have been reported as causing positive allergic patch tests, but only fenvalerate was relevant in an agricultural worker.
- Potential ExposurePyrethroid insecticide used to control pests on cotton, fruit, and vegetable crops. Also used in commercial and residential settings, ships, laboratories, and food-processing plants. A United States Environmental Protection Agency Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP).
- Environmental FateSoil. The major soil metabolite was reported to be 3-phenoxybenzoic acid (Hartley and Kidd, 1987).
- Metabolic pathwayIn cabbage plants, (1R)-cis- and (1R)-trans-isomers of cypermethrin undergo epimerization to (1S)-isomers, cis=trans isomerization, ester bond cleavage, hydroxylation of the phenoxy group in the alcohol moiety or the geminal methyl group in the acid moiety, hydration of the cyano group to an amido group with subsequent hydrolysis to the carboxylic acid, and the conjugation of the carboxylic acid, and alcohols with sugars.
- ShippingUN3349 Pyrethroid pesticide, solid toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous material. UN3352 Pyrethroid pesticide, liquid toxic, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- DegradationZeta-cypermethrin is stable as a solid but it is readily hydrolysed at
alkaline pH. Its half-lives at pH values 7 and 9 (25 °C) were 188-635 and
3 days (PM). By analogy with cypermethrin, the major products should
be 3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylica cid (2,
DCVA), 3-phenoxybenzaldehyde (9, 3PBAl) and a-carbamoyl-3-
(the amide 3); minor products expected are the a-carboxy analogue of
3 (4) and 3-phenoxybenzoic acid (10,3PBA) (see cypermethrin, Schemes
la and lb).
Photodecomposition would be expected to be similar to that of cypermethrin. In aqueous solution the DTSo was reported to be 20-36 days (PM).
- IncompatibilitiesMay react violently with strong oxidi- zers, bromine, 90% hydrogen peroxide, phosphorus trichloride, silver powders, or dust. Incompatible with silver compounds. Mixture with some silver compounds forms explosive salts of silver oxalate.
- Waste DisposalIncineration would be an effective disposal procedure where permitted. If an efficient incinerator is not available, the product should be mixed with large amounts of combustible material and contact with the smoke should be avoided. In accordance with 40 CFR 165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pes- ticides and pesticide containers.
Cypermethrin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsThionyl chlorideSodium cyanideChloral3-Phenoxy-benzaldehydePetroleum crude oilBenzyltriethylammonium chloridePermethric acid3-Phenoxybenzyl alcohol3-(2,2-Dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarbonyl chloride
- Preparation ProductsCypermethrin, High EffectFenvalerate+Omethoate,E.Ctheta-CypermethrinSanitary pesticide
- Abamectin Chlorpyrifos Fipronil Cyhalothrin alpha-Cypermethrin BETA-CYPERMETHRIN Cyfluthrin ethyl 3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethyl-1-cyclopropanecarboxylate (2R)-2-hydroxy-2-(3-phenoxyphenyl)acetonitrile 3-(2,2-Dichloroethenyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylic acid 4-Pentenoic acid, 5-chloro-2-(1-methylethyl)-, ethyl ester, (4E)- trans-3-(2,2-Dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylic acid SUPERCYPERMETHRIN Permethrin (R)-(+)-ALPHA-HYDROXYBENZENE-ACETONITRILE (3-phenoxyphenyl)methyl 3-(2,2-dichloroethenyl)-2,2-dimethyl-cycloprop ane-1-carboxylate Cypermethrin (R)-ALPHA-CYANOBENZYL ACETATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196