ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organotin > Chlorotributyltin
Chlorotributyltin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-9 °C
- Boiling point:171-173 °C25 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.2 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure <0.01 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility 0.017g/l
- form liquid
- color colorless
- Specific Gravity1.186
- Water Solubility PRACTICALLY INSOLUBLE
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- BRN 3535715
- CAS DataBase Reference1461-22-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceTri-n-butyltin chloride(1461-22-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTributyltin chloride (1461-22-9)
Chlorotributyltin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionChlorotributyltin is the chloride of tributyltin. It is a biocide that contaminates foods, especially shellfish. It is an endocrine disrupter in several marine species and is neurotoxic and immuno-toxic in mammals. It has been used as a heat stabilizer, agricultural pesticide and component of antifouling paints2. However, it is perhaps the most acutely toxic chemical to aquatic organisms ever deliberately introduced to water. It has been demonstrated to have an adverse effect on shellfish in France and England, and as a consequence the use of tributyltin‐containing antifouling paints has been restricted in these countries. Other countries have banned the use of tributyltin‐containing antifouling paints or are contemplating restrictions3.
- Cooke, G. M., et al. Food & Chemical Toxicology An International Journal Published for the British Industrial Biological Research Association 42.2(2004):211-220.
- Nakatsu, Yusuke, Y. Kotake, and S. Ohta. "Tributyltin-induced cell death is mediated by calpain in PC12 cells."Neurotoxicology 27.4(2006):587-593.
- Maguire, R. James. "Environmental aspects of tributyltin." Applied Organometallic Chemistry 1.6(1987):475-498.
- Chemical PropertiesColorless liquid. Soluble in the common organic solvents; including alcohol, heptane, benzene, and toluene; insoluble in cold water, but hydrolyzes in hot water.
- UsesTributyltin Chloride is a triorganotin compound with insecticidal acitivity. Tributyltin Chloride is an endocrine disruptor as well as an inhibitor for the V-ATPases (potential targets in the treatmen t of diseases such as osteoporosis and cancer).
- HazardA poison by ingestion and skin contact. A severe eye irritant. Tributyl tin compounds are extremely toxic to marine life.
Chlorotributyltin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Potassium chloride DI-N-BUTYL(3-HYDROXYBUTYL)TINCHLORIDE TRIETHYLTIN CHLORIDE tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride Thionyl chloride TRIMETHYLTIN CHLORIDE Methylene Chloride Ammonium chloride Chlorotributyltin Tetrabutylphosphonium chloride Tributyltetradecylphosphonium chloride Fluorotributyltin Tin tetrachloride CHLORIDE STANDARD Dibutyltin oxide Choline chloride Polyvinyl chloride Dibutyltin dilaurate
- Company Name:Hangzhou Right Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 0571 88254703
- Company Name:NanTong Chemistar Chemical Co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Nantong Haotai Products & Chemicals Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15996548297 0513-81063598
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-