Acid Orange 7
Acid Orange 7 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:164°C
- solubility Solubility Very soluble in water; very slightly soluble in ethanol
- pka8.26, 11.4(at 25℃)
- Colour Index 15510
- form Crystalline Powder
- color Green to blue
- PH RangeAmber (7.4) to orange (8.6);Orange (10.2) to red (11.8)
- Water Solubility 116 g/L (30 ºC)
- Merck 14,6858
- BRN 3898201
- Biological ApplicationsCosmetics; wound dressing materials
- Major ApplicationOrganic light emitting diodes (OLEDs), nanoparticles, inks, wood preservatives, textiles, hair dyes, cosmetics, wound dressing materials, biofuel cells
- CAS DataBase Reference633-96-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Acid Orange 7, monosodium salt (633-96-5)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Acid Orange 7
Acid Orange 7 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOrange-red powder
- Preparationcommonly known as acidic orange II. ?4-Aminobenzenesulfonic acid?diazo, and Naphthalen-2-ol coupling.
- Properties and Applicationsred light orange. Golden yellow powder. Soluble in water is red light yellow, orange soluble in alcohol. The strong sulfuric acid for quality in red, dilute create tan precipitation; In a golden of nitric acid; In the thick of sodium hydroxide solution not dissolve. Its water solution with hydrochloric acid generation tan precipitation; Add sodium hydroxide solution brown. In dyeing copper ions trend dark red in colour and lustre of iron ion shallow and dark. Discharge the gender is good. Mainly used for silk and wool dyeing, widely used in wool dyeing, can be used for wool, silk and polyamide fiber fabric of direct printing, leather and paper color, can also be used in indicator and biological shading. Is tasted can be used as a food dye, heavy metal salt used in organic pigments.
Standard Light Fastness Soaping Persperation Fastness Oxygen bleaching Fastness to seawater Fading Stain Fading Stain Fading Stain ISO 4 1 2 2-3 1 2 2 1 AATCC 5 1-2 1-2 1 1 1 3 3
- Purification MethodsPurification is as for Orange I. Its solubility in H2O is 40g/L at 25o. [Müller et al. Helv Chim Acta 35 2579 1952.] Also purify it by extracting it with a small volume of cold water, then crystallising it by dissolving in boiling water, cooling to ca 80o, adding two volumes of EtOH and cooling. When cold, the precipitate is filtered off, washed with a little EtOH and dried in air. It can be salted out from aqueous solution with sodium acetate, then repeatedly extracted with EtOH. Meggy and Sims [J Chem Soc 2940 1956], after crystallising the sodium salt twice from water, dissolved it in cold water (11mL/g) and added conc HCl to precipitate the acid dye which was separated by centrifugation, redissolved and again precipitated with acid. After washing the precipitate three times with 0.5M acid, it was dried over NaOH, recrystallised twice from absolute EtOH, washed with a little Et2O, dried over NaOH and stored over conc H2SO4 in the dark. It can then be converted to the pure salt with the calculated amount of NaOH or Na2CO3. [Beilstein 16 IV 408.]
Acid Orange 7 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- SULFORHODAMINE G Acid Blue 90 EOSIN 10-OCTADECYLACRIDINE ORANGE BROMIDE 10-NONYLACRIDINE ORANGE BROMIDE CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III ACID BLACK 52 ACID ORANGE 8 Food Yellow 3:1 HYDROXYNAPHTHOL BLUE Acid Red 18 ACID RED 88 Eriochrome Black A PONCEAU 6R ALLURA RED AC sodium Ascoric Acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate
Acid Orange 7SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-