ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > fatty acid > Dehydroacetic acid
Dehydroacetic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:111-113 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:270 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.1816 (rough estimate)
- vapor pressure 0.001 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index 1.4611 (estimate)
- Flash point:157°C
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility 2g/l
- form Fine Crystalline Powder
- color Light yellow or cream
- PH4 (2g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Merck 14,2865
- BRN 6129
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with oxidizing agents, bases, reducing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference520-45-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDehydroacetic Acid(520-45-6)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-Acetyl-6-methyl-2H-pyran-2,4(3H)-dione (520-45-6)
Dehydroacetic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to light yellow crystal powder
- UsesDehydroacetic acid (DHS) is used as stabilizer for cosmetic and pharmaceutical products due to its fungicide and bactericide activity, as additive for PVC-stabilizers and for the syntheses of veterinary medicines. Product Data Sheet
- UsesGeogard(R) 111a preservative is based on dehydroacetic acid (DHA) and therefore are recognized by major cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance regulatory authorities worldwide for use in cosmetic and personal care products.
- UsesGeogard(R) 221 preservative is based on dehydroacetic acid (DHA) and benzyl alcohol, and therefore is recognized by major cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance regulatory authorities worldwide for use in cosmetic and personal care products.
- UsesGeogard(R) 361 preservative is based on six synergistic components, all with wide global regulatory acceptance: dehydroacetic acid (DHA); salicylic acid; benzoic acid; phenoxyethanol; benzyl alcohol; and benzethonium chloride.
- Usesantifungal, antibacterial
- Usesdehydroacetic acid is a preservative with low sensitizing potential. This is a weak acid used as a fungi-and bacteria-destroying agent in cosmetics. The presence of organic matter decreases its effective ness. It is not irritating or allergy causing when applied on the skin.
- UsesDehydroacetic Acid (DHA) is a preservative that is a crystalline powder with a solubility of less than 0.1 g in 100 g of water at 25°C. It can undergo a variety of chemical reactions which give it utility in many applications. It is used at 0.01–0.5% for microbiological growth inhibition in various foods. It is used for cut or peeled squash, with no more than 65 ppm remaining in or on the prepared squash.
- Synthesis Reference(s)The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 49, p. 5105, 1984 DOI: 10.1021/jo00200a018
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion. Moderately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Combustible when exposed to heat or flame. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Dehydroacetic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium diacetate Benzoic acid Ethylene carbonate Phenyl salicylate Hyaluronic acid Ethyl acetate Acetyl-resveratrol Kresoxim-methyl Methyl Ascoric Acid Parathion-methyl Chloroacetic acid Tetrahydro-4H-pyran-4-one CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Acetyl coenzyme A sodium salt Peroxyacetic acid Centchroman Phenylacetic acid
- Company Name:Wuhan yuqing jiaheng pharmaceutical co. LTD Gold
- Tel:13545340383 027-83855389-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar