ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > fatty acid > Sodium dehydroacetate
Sodium dehydroacetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:~295 °C (dec.)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility 330g/l
- form Powder
- color White to yellow
- PH8.8-9.3 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility Soluble in water, propylene glycol and methanol. Insoluble in acetone and benzene.
- BRN 4893653
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference4418-26-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-Acetyl-6-methyl-2H-pyran-2,4(3H)-dione sodium (4418-26-2)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Sodium 1-(3,4-dihydro-6-methyl-2,4-dioxo-2H-pyran-3-ylidene)ethanolate
Sodium dehydroacetate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSodium dehydroacetate is the sodium salt of dehydroacetate. It is mainly used as a new generation food preservative and food additive, being used extensively in sauce, fruit, bread, cake, moon cake, margarine and beverage. Sodium dehydroacetate (DHA-S) has a wide spectrum of antimicrobial activity that accounts for its use in cosmetic products as a preservative and antimicrobial agent. It is effective in the treatment of both bacteria and fungi. It is also a kind of anticoagulant agent through depleting the blood level of vitamin K.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to yellowish powder
- UsesDehydroacetic acid sodium salt (DHS-Na) is used in the food industry as preservative for fruits, vegetables, fruit juice, honey, beer, milk, protein and fat products; in human and veterinary medicine as bactericide and fungicide. Product Data Sheet
- UsesGeogard(R) 111S preservative is based on dehydroacetic acid (DHA), the sodium salt form (NaDHA) and therefore are recognized by major cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance regulatory authorities worldwide for use in cosmetic and personal care products.
- Usessodium dehydroacetate is a preservative against bacteria and fungi that is used at concentration levels of 1.0 percent or less. It is useful in combination with parabens. It may cause skin irritation.
- General DescriptionWhite powder. Used as a fungicide, plasticizer, toothpaste, preservative in food.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileSodium dehydroacetate reacts with acids. May react viogrously with strong oxidizing acids.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. An eye irritant. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Na2O
- ReferencesForester, John. "Preservative solutions containing sodium dehydroacetate with or without sodium borate decahydrate and/or disodium edetate." US, US4248634. 1981.
Sakaguchi, Yuka, et al. "Anticoagulant effect of sodium dehydroacetate (DHA-S) in rats." Journal of Applied Toxicology 28.4(2008):524-529.
Ye, Yinzhi. "Use of Sodium Dehydroacetate in Food." China Food Additives (2002).
Sodium dehydroacetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium diacetate Molasses Methyl bromide Diclofenac sodium Thiophanate-methyl Dehydroacetic acid Kresoxim-methyl Acetyl coenzyme A sodium salt Parathion-methyl Methylparaben Sodium chloride Sodium benzoate Sodium acetate trihydrate METSULFURON METHYL IODOACETIC ACID SODIUM SALT Sodium phenylacetate Sodium dehydroacetate Sodium α-naphthyl acetate
Sodium dehydroacetate SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519