Sodium diacetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:323-329 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.01 g/mL at 20 °C
- FEMA 3900 | SODIUM DIACETATE
- Flash point:40°C (104°F)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form solid
- color Clear colorless
- PH7.0±0.05 (25℃)
- Water Solubility soluble H2O [MER06]; slightly soluble alcohol; insoluble ether [HAW93]
- Merck 13,8681
- BRN 3786729
- CAS DataBase Reference126-96-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium diacetate (126-96-5)
Sodium diacetate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystals; acetic acid odor. Decom- poses above 150C. Soluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol; insoluble in ether. Combustible.
- Chemical PropertiesSodium diacetate has the odor of acetic acid. It is a molecular compound of sodium acetate and acetic acid. The pH of a 1 in 10 solution is between 4.5 and 5.0.
- OccurrenceAcetic acid or acetates are present in most plant and animal tissues in small, but detectable amounts.
- UsesSodium Diacetate is a preservative, sequestrant, acidulant, and fla- voring agent that is a molecular compound of sodium acetate and acetic acid which yields acetic acid. it is a white crystalline powder which is hygroscopic. it functions against mold and bacteria and is used in bread. it is also termed sodium hydrogen diacetate.
- UsesAcetic acid in solid form; sequestrant; food preservative to inhibit molds and rope-forming bacteria in bread: Glabe, Food Ind. 14, no. 2, 46 (1942).
- Agricultural UsesFungicide, Bactericide: Sodium diacetate is a fungicide and bactericide registered to control molds and bacteria, thereby preventing spoilage in stored grains. The pesticide is applied to hay as a dust or soluble concentrate (liquid spray) during the baling process. It is applied to silage as a fermentation "aid" to preserve the quality of field corn, alfalfa, sorghum, oats and grasses, stored in silos. Sodium diacetate is composed of acetic acid and sodium acetate. It dissociates to acetate, sodium and hydrogen ions, normal components of plants and animals, and of human foods. Acetates are formed in living organisms during the metabolism of food. Acetates and acetic acid have long been used in both human and animal foods, without significant adverse effects. Sodium diacetate is also used as an antimicrobial agent in baked goods and other foods, and in medicine and cosmetics manufacturing as a freshener, flavoring and pH regulator. Not listed for use in EU countries. 126-96-5. Registered for use in the U.S.
- Trade nameCROP CURE®; DYKON®; GRAIN CURE®[C]; SENTRY SODIUM ACETATE®[C]
- Safety ProfileWhen heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes
- Chemical SynthesisPrepared synthetically by reacting sodium carbonate with acetic acid. Special grades are produced by reacting anhydrous sodium acetate with acetic acid.
Sodium diacetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sodium benzoate Ethyl maltol Sodium hydroxide Diclofenac sodium Sodium chloride Hydrogen Sulfide Sodium sulfate DL-α-Tocopherol Sodium dehydroacetate Sodium citrate hydrogen fluoride Hydrogen HYDROGEN CYANIDE Sodium bicarbonate SODIUM ACETATE BUFFER SOLUTION,SODIUM ACETATE BUFFER Hydrogen peroxide 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde Sodium α-naphthyl acetate
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86311057-
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Longsheng chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:13585536065 021-58099652-8005
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.