ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) > 4-Chloro-2-methylaniline
4-Chloro-2-methylaniline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:29 °C
- Boiling point:241 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.19 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:211 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- pkapK1:3.385(+1) (25°C)
- form neat
- BRN 878505
- CAS DataBase Reference95-69-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceBenzenamine, 4-chloro-2-methyl-(95-69-2)
- EPA Substance Registry System4-Chloro-2-methylaniline (95-69-2)
4-Chloro-2-methylaniline Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear brown liquid
- Chemical PropertiesThe chloromethylanilines are colorless or white crystalline solids or liquids, some have a mild fishy odor.
- General DescriptionGray to white solid with a weak fishy odor. Sinks in water. Freezing point is 77°F.
- Air & Water ReactionsMay be sensitive to prolonged exposure to air and light. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile4-Chloro-2-methylaniline is incompatible with acids, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, chloroformates and strong oxidizing agents. . A halogenated amine. Amines are chemical bases. They neutralize acids to form salts plus water. These acid-base reactions are exothermic. The amount of heat that is evolved per mole of amine in a neutralization is largely independent of the strength of the amine as a base. Amines may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- HazardToxic by ingestion and inhalation. Probable carcinogen.
- Health HazardInhalation, ingestion, or skin contact causes bluish tint in fingernails, lips, and ears. Headache, drowsiness, and nausea also occur. Contact with eyes causes irritation.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Toxic oxides of nitrogen and hydrochloric acid fumes may form.
- Safety ProfileConfirmed carcinogen. Poison by ingestion and subcutaneous routes. Human mutation data reported. In the presence of copperpI) chloride catalyst decomposition occurs above 239'C. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cland NOx. See also other chloro toluidme entries.
- Potential ExposureMost of the isomers are used in dyestuff manufacture. The 3-chloro-para isomer is used to kill birds. It is marketed as pelleted bait for control of bird populations.
- Carcinogenicityp-Chloro-o-toluidine and its hydrochloride salt are reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens based on limited evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in humans and evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in experimental animals.
- ShippingUN2239 Chlorotoluidines, solid, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials. UN3429 Chlorotoluidines, liquid, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1- Poisonous materials
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers, strong acids; chloroformates, and acid anhydrides, isocyanates, aldehydes forming fire and explosive hazards.
4-Chloro-2-methylaniline Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Acetonitrile Epichlorohydrin Chloroacetic acid N-Methylaniline 3-Chloro-2-methylaniline Basic Violet 1 5-Chloro-2-methylaniline Basic Blue 17 Betaine 3,3',5,5'-Tetramethylbenzidine dihydrochloride Difluorochloromethane ALTRENOGEST AMINO ACIDS N,N-DIMETHYL-P-TOLUIDINE Methyl acrylate toluidine CHLORO-TOLUIDINE Glycine
- Company Name:Shanghai Jovan Biochemical Technology Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390